300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some info on SW-FL/Collier Co/Naples area

hi all. i just got a phone call from tallahassee and it looks like after graduating the academy in the spring I will be assigned to collier county. as luck would have it, this is the one part of florida ive never even been to. ive been to ft myers but not all the way down to naples.

if there are any officers that live down there, i would love to hear from you on pros/cons, what are some good areas to live, etc. i have no kids so no worries about school but will need to rent a decent place on a state LEO salary. a nice apt complex that gives LE discount will probably be best.

looking at a map, it looks like about 2/3 of the county is undeveloped so naples is about the only populated area. looks like there is plenty of fishing and hunting opportunities so i will have plenty to patrol, so im excited about that but i dont have a clue what the area is like.

thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer!
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

I'm not yet sworn in but I can give you a citizen/Future LE idea of what the area is like.

Most of the people of Collier County do in fact live in Naples.There is a lot of "white collar" crimes in the area. Its more-so a wealthy city/county and its a place many people like to live, as long as they can afford too. It is off the gulf coast and there are a few parks and wild life areas where people do fish and hunt.

If you have any questions about the area that are basic LE or non-LE related. feel free to send me a pm.
    Certified FL LEO

Comment

thanks abari. im just looking for general info on the area and particularly, what are the better areas to live and what are the worse ones. i know here in jax there are some clean low key parts of town, some new and upscale parts, some old but safe/clean parts and some ghetto parts. just looking on google i see bonita shores, north naples, naples, south naples, east naples, etc. im sure everything west of 41 is expensive due to being close to the beach. is it better to be west of 75 or east of it? what about immokalee rd area? golden gate pkwy?

im just looking online at rental places and would like to know if they are in a nice part of town or not so nice. im mainly just looking for a place where the publix around the corner is clean and not ghetto, i can go for a run or my wife can go for a walk and feel safe, etc. just trying to get a feel for the area since its so far away i cant just drive down for the day and look around.

thanks again man!

Comment

Originally posted by GoFishFL View Post
        thanks abari. im just looking for general info on the area and particularly, what are the better areas to live and what are the worse ones. i know here in jax there are some clean low key parts of town, some new and upscale parts, some old but safe/clean parts and some ghetto parts. just looking on google i see bonita shores, north naples, naples, south naples, east naples, etc. im sure everything west of 41 is expensive due to being close to the beach. is it better to be west of 75 or east of it? what about immokalee rd area? golden gate pkwy?

im just looking online at rental places and would like to know if they are in a nice part of town or not so nice. im mainly just looking for a place where the publix around the corner is clean and not ghetto, i can go for a run or my wife can go for a walk and feel safe, etc. just trying to get a feel for the area since its so far away i cant just drive down for the day and look around.

thanks again man!
        Sorry for the late reply I was out of town for the weekend.

Its better to stay west of 75 and the golden gate, Vanderbilt beach, pine ridge area is nice. Imokalee rd isn't bad bet the further east you go it gets a little worse. Try to stay close to US 41 as everything is remotely in that area (malls, town centers, movie theaters, etc.)

Any other questions just let me know.
        Certified FL LEO

Comment

thank you!

Comment

You'll also want to avoid "East Naples", it's more South than East in actuality. Stick to North Naples west of 41 and the area should be fine. Golden Gate Estates is East of 75 and that area is ok, Golden Gate city itself is bad and you'll want to avoid that area. You may be able to get an inexpensive rental property West of 41, Naples Park may have some rentals.
            Last edited by caseypj; 09-29-2009, 08:03 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6280 users online. 324 members and 5956 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X