300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOC - Classification Officer Position

Hey all. I was wondering if someone could provide some info on this position? What they do\make\hours. Anything really.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jasko; 09-22-2009, 08:30 PM.

Classification Officers at the institutional level basically are responsible for inmates paperwork and their files. They monitor gain time, release dates, assist with sentencing discrepancies, work release request, things that inmates need with in DOC, personal issues. They do interact with the inmate but more on a one/one. They work Mon-Fri, weekends and holidays off. They normally have a case load of inmates with in the institution. They wear street clothes. Normally schedule call outs with inmates through out the day. They still fall under the state retirement but are only eligible for the admin retirement which is at 1.6 % versus 3% for high risk. Not a bad gig if you like the days off and more of a paper work shuffle. The retirement would be the only draw back I see. What institution are you applying at?

Comment

thanks for the summary. I believe it's in Doral. I'm taking it they work directly in the prison. I'm currently with DJJ so at this point, I'm ready to take anything that pays better... though I didn't see how much they start off at.

any other info would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Here's a tid-bit to remember. Agencies read these boards. Advertising that you have no idea what the position you applied for entails, or even where it's at (believing it's in Doral).. may not be wise... just my .02
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

thank you, for your .02

Comment

There is a specific institution name that you applied at. If it was in Broward county, it probably was Broward CI. It is a female institution with about 800 inmates. And yes, they do work with in the facilities fences, normally in an office with in the classification section. Here are a couple of web sites that might help you a little. The first is DOC's home page. The second is a listing of all the facilities in your area. their home page has a couple of recruiting videos you can watch. The position might be at a work release center. You should call and find out for sure. Do you have a college degree? Something else for you to think about: if you get hired and they sponsor you through an academy. If you leave before two years I believe, they will require to pay the school back. The state does not pay much money but has good benefits, great retirement, and the working conditions are pretty much what you make them. Any thing else, feel free to ask. Oh yea, they start at about $30K, may be a little more.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/
            http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region4/index.html
            Last edited by POGO219; 09-23-2009, 07:34 AM.

Comment

DORAL= SFRC-M, SFRC-S, OR any of the surrounding WRC's.
              I LOVE IT!
              "GET BACK IN YOUR CELL"
              "PLEASE REMAIN SEATED IN YOUR VEHICLE AND I'LL BE WITH YOU IN A MINUTE"
              WHO EVER SAID THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS WOULDN'T BE FUN.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3827 users online. 251 members and 3576 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X