Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudChris
    replied
    Florida doesn't take POST. In order to come here without taking any academy, you have to have 2 years experience. Even with 2 years experience you'd have to take a short 2 week academy. Just with your post if you came to Florida, you'd have to do the academy again. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Leave a comment:

• FL5OH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mataya633 View Post
    Hello,

I am currently attending an academy here in Missouri and we will be Class A P.O.S.T. (police officer standard training) certified in May of 2010. My question is, what does it take for a licensed person to try and work in the state of Florida? Do you need on the job experience? Could I use my academy training and try to test into a Florida department? Or would I have to just attend an academy there. I know all the statutes would be different and there are things that would need to be learned. I know some states accept out of state academy's easier than others. Just a thought as I am trying to look at all of my options before graduation. Any feedback is useful. Thank You.

Respectfully,

Kevin Mataya
    Stay out. We have enough applicants.

That said, check the FDLE website.

Leave a comment:

• Mataya633
    started a topic Out of state-checking my options.

Out of state-checking my options.

Hello,

I am currently attending an academy here in Missouri and we will be Class A P.O.S.T. (police officer standard training) certified in May of 2010. My question is, what does it take for a licensed person to try and work in the state of Florida? Do you need on the job experience? Could I use my academy training and try to test into a Florida department? Or would I have to just attend an academy there. I know all the statutes would be different and there are things that would need to be learned. I know some states accept out of state academy's easier than others. Just a thought as I am trying to look at all of my options before graduation. Any feedback is useful. Thank You.

Respectfully,

Kevin Mataya

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3198 users online. 169 members and 3029 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X