300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Lauderdale

I am currently a certified full-time Officer in NY and I am planning on moving to a FL department within the next 2 years, I just have to finish my bachelors degree. I have been considering Ft Lauderdale or Broward County. I am leaning toward Ft Lauderdale and I have a few questions that I don't believe I have seen on here so far...I have gone pretty far back in posts and have searched this forum. It says on their website that everything is provided but your duty weapon. Does that mean that you have a choice of what you want, or that you just have to pay for the one they issue? With the take home car program(I believe I saw they had one) do all the cars have cages/computers(do new guys start out with a beater). Also how proactive do they allow you to be.....ie checkin people/traffic stops and if you have time. I'm not trying to say I am super cop but I do like to do work. These are just things I am curious about and would appreciate and and all feedback. If any FLPD officers are on here and would rather just PM me that would be great.

I know Broward has take homes, I'm pretty sure FLPD has take homes...

oh and you start out with mopeds. it's funny listening to rookies call for backup, while on the moped. budget issues suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
      I know Broward has take homes, I'm pretty sure FLPD has take homes...

oh and you start out with mopeds. it's funny listening to rookies call for backup, while on the moped. budget issues suck!
      I did a ride along with a rookie a few months ago in district 2, he had his own crown vic...

Comment

I wanna say you are being sarcastic....and usually it is cheaper to keep crown vics than loose them....ie it allows less officers to be on patrol....but that said definitely funny

Comment

Yep, I'm being sarcastic, however, budget issues suck.

Comment

haha, thats the problem with the internet, harder to get sarcasim..

Comment

Budget cuts do suck but we are not seeing them nearly as bad as everyone down in FL that is why I hope in a year or 2 everything will be back to the way it was.

Comment

Pm Sent>>>>>>>>

Comment

Thanks, and if anyone else wants to weigh in that is great the more opinions the better.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4413 users online. 229 members and 4184 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X