300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some Help

I live in Nashville Tennessee and have a 14 year old daugther who lives in Cape coral Florida with her mom. We have been Divorced for 11 years now.
    My ex lives with a convicted felon who has a long criminal history. I have called DCS because my Daugther has called me crying and telling me that her mom and boyfrined are fighthing and hitting eachother. Dcs will go and investigate but not do anything. Anyways my ex just called me because my daugther tried to commit suicide and was really upset because the house they live in got raided because somebody called and told on her boyfriend.
    Well i went to the lee county Sheriff website and saw that he is charged with all kinds of drug charges and is out on bail. I am currently in the backround process with Metro Nashville Police dept and hope to be hired. I have a stable home with 3 kids from current wife and live a normal life.
    I would like to get my daugther out of that house but don't know if DCS will do anything now that the house got raided and he got 4 drug charges. This is the type of person my ex is, she loves to date Trash and since i was not Trash we did not last together.. Please guys anyone out there i need advice on what to do....

This is something you need to go to the courts about and show that you have a good, stable household while hers is... well... not.

Comment

Hire a family law attorney in Cape Coral. You can't do anything from Tennessee, and even if you were down in Florida it would be extremely difficult to be awarded custody and allowed to remove your daughter with the state unless you had some good legal assistance.

Even if DCF removed her from the house, she'd be placed with another family member in Florida. If there are none in Florida, she'd be put in foster care (at least temporarily). The courts are always extremely cautious about removing a minor from the state.
      Last edited by Delta_V; 09-20-2009, 12:16 AM.

Comment

The situation is really sad, And i can't afford to hire an Attorney to take this to court. I just want to do something before it's late.

Comment

I'm assuming talking to the ex about letting you take over custody isn't an option.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
            I'm assuming talking to the ex about letting you take over custody isn't an option.

It's not an option, I have asked her before but she told me no.
            To her it's all about Money!
            She gets her child support check from me, so she wants to make sure that that money keeps coming in.
            My ex does not work and neither does her boyfriend.
            They hate work !
            She is on welfare and he well sells drugs apparently.
            She is making sure she does whatever she can to screw up my child's future.
            Just the other day i found out that my daugther got a Tattoo at 14 years old. And her mother's boyfriend is the one who owns the Tattoo gun and does this on the side for money. Now here he is breaking the law again..

Comment

Originally posted by mgaray9273 View Post
              It's not an option, I have asked her before but she told me no.
              To her it's all about Money!
              She gets her child support check from me, so she wants to make sure that that money keeps coming in.
              My ex does not work and neither does her boyfriend.
              They hate work !
              She is on welfare and he well sells drugs apparently.
              She is making sure she does whatever she can to screw up my child's future.
              Just the other day i found out that my daugther got a Tattoo at 14 years old. And her mother's boyfriend is the one who owns the Tattoo gun and does this on the side for money. Now here he is breaking the law again..
              Well just real quick, as long as he had Mom's permission he didn't break the law by giving her a tattoo. But with that said, if everything you're saying is correct (you know us, can't always take everything off one side of the story), it sounds like you have pretty good grounds for taking her away if you go through the courts.

Comment

you need to think about this, you say you don't have money to afford a lawyer down here in Florida but if your daughter is as special as you say she is to you you need to somehow figure out a way to get one. even if you have to take a loan dude, i would not want my daughter in a home like that, i would go crazy knowing that my child is with a convicted felon and what seems to be a no good mother. do everything you can with finding a lawyer its really the only way !!
                sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
                D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
                Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

I'm pritty sure that a child at the age of 13 will be asked by the court which parent they want to live with. Personally I know that this is hard but do what you can to get that child out of that situation, nothing good will come of it. Granted it takes money, also consider having your child start the process by calling the cops when a domestic starts to take place, this will start a nice paper trail and help you in front of the judge if it even goes that far. Another thing I doubt she will have the money to put up much of a fight, just call a family law lawyer and he or she will have this taken care of fast for you.

Comment

thanks so much guys. I am going nuts right now. but i guess i have no other option than to contact an Attorney.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3719 users online. 272 members and 3447 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X