300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa Police Department

Does anyone on this forum work for the Tampa Police Department or currently in the process of being hired. I ask this question due to the fact I applied with Tampa in March, took my p.a.t test in May, had my interview and polygraph in July and haven't heard a single thing yet. After the polygraph was administered the examiner kept drilling me on drug questions she said was a concern to her. I said, " maam no I havent" done any drugs ever, except take my wife's prescription pills (ibuprofen) twice two years ago, in which is an illegal drug. Now the polygraph examiner a female told me the background investigator would let me know the next step in the process and that was about two month and a half ago. I was just wondering should I call or just wait patiently due to the fact this is a slow process when it comes to being hired in law enforcement. Thanks the information will really be helpful and thanks for reading. God Bless

Originally posted by cadillac01 View Post
    Does anyone on this forum work for the Tampa Police Department or currently in the process of being hired. I ask this question due to the fact I applied with Tampa in March, took my p.a.t test in May, had my interview and polygraph in July and haven't heard a single thing yet.
    There is a TPD officer on the forums here. He'll pry be around shortly to help you out.

After the polygraph was administered the examiner kept drilling me on drug questions she said was a concern to her.
    Typical polygraph mind games. Trying to trick you into admitting something.

Comment

Check out this thread. Might have some answers for you.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121838

Comment

I've heard that the next hiring class is going to be in January, but that's not official. If it is going to be January, I doubt they're in much of a hurry to continue everyone with the process.

If you've already had your background interview and polygraph, the next step would be a conditional offer. After that it moves pretty quickly, only requiring a medical exam and psych after that. If they're starting a class in January then they'll probably be giving conditional offers in December.

If you haven't talked to anyone in two and a half months, I'd definitely call. There's nothing wrong with calling monthly and checking up on things.

Comment

Hey thanks guys for the replies I guess patience is the to key in getting a career in law enforcement. I will definitely take note of this information and probably will make a call Monday morning to see what the progress. It is just something else when you haven't heard from an agency since July, but once again patience is the key. Guys be safe out there whether you're police officers or not and I will keep you posted. Stay safe God Bless

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2471 users online. 154 members and 2317 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X