Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK booklet is in 1st Draft..So you Want to be a cop?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK booklet is in 1st Draft..So you Want to be a cop?

OK I have finished the first draft of "OK so you want to be a cop." A booklet that is designed for those that want to be a cop or think they may want to be a cop and it will help you increase your chances of becoming a cop or convince you not to bother, depending on your outlook.

I need you all to read it over and give me constructive comments. What is missing you would like to see and what can I add more material on.

Its 22 pages long so far, so read it and let me know what you think.

Be well and stay safe,

View here:
    http://dept.sfcollege.edu/IPS/CEW/So...%20a%20cop.pdf

This is not for sale and does not advertise anything. And it is not finished, just the first draft of the first part, but will be very helpful to all applying to be a LEO.
    Police Academy Commander
    Lead Firearms Instructor
    35+ years as a cop
    Becoming a Police Officer
    So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

ShadowWarrior I must say that was the best 22 pages of reading I have read in some time. The tips, depth of knowledge, key points, just everything is EXCELLENT. I really hope you do more with it, or even have a published book. I myself have been trying to become a police officer for over a year, reading books, reading online, just to get one step ahead of where I was the day before. I really believe this has helped me with quite a few steps, very thorough and just to the point. Extensive, well written thanks again for this awesome knowledge.

USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
    Oorah!

Comment

Very well written, and good knowledge to know before choosing a career in Law Enforcement!
      sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
      D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
      Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

I really liked it a lot. If this is going to be professionally published, some of the "LOLs" and "Jks" and other internet garble need to go. After that, just print, distribute, and wait for the paycheck .

I knew going to your academy was the right decision

Comment

Originally posted by The SSheriff View Post
          I really liked it a lot. If this is going to be professionally published, some of the "LOLs" and "Jks" and other internet garble need to go. After that, just print, distribute, and wait for the paycheck .

I knew going to your academy was the right decision
          @The SSheriff - Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Lol j/k. You don't get online anymore!

@Commander - Awesome material, I've already read this more than once and love it!
          Last edited by Gringe; 09-18-2009, 02:11 PM. Reason: Add @Ssheriff

Comment

excellent Commander! i read all your posts while going through my process and it was all very helpful!

not to nitpick but a couple grammar issues i picked up on - pg 9 talking about money you say "access" when you mean "excess" and on pg 17 there are 2 instances of "too" instead of "to" in the 2nd paragraph i believe. hopefully you dont consider this criticism, i'm sure you would like them pointed out so you can fix them.

as a side note, i know ive seen you mention teaching in tallahassee before, do you teach any sections of the FWC academy? i am reporting nov 5 and wondering if i'll have the chance to meet you.
            Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeFWC View Post
              excellent Commander! i read all your posts while going through my process and it was all very helpful!

not to nitpick but a couple grammar issues i picked up on - pg 9 talking about money you say "access" when you mean "excess" and on pg 17 there are 2 instances of "too" instead of "to" in the 2nd paragraph i believe. hopefully you dont consider this criticism, i'm sure you would like them pointed out so you can fix them.

as a side note, i know ive seen you mention teaching in tallahassee before, do you teach any sections of the FWC academy? i am reporting nov 5 and wondering if i'll have the chance to meet you.
              Not nitpicking at all, just what I am was looking for, thanks. I have corrected those errors and thanks for pointing them out.

As for Pat Thomas, I will be there in Oct from the 19-21 as a guest speaker at the High Liability Trainers Conference. I will be speaking 5 different times. I will also probably be up there around Jan - Mar area. I usally teach 2-3 classes there during that time. I even taught a FWC FTO class last year or the year before.

Be well and thanks for the editorial help.
              Police Academy Commander
              Lead Firearms Instructor
              35+ years as a cop

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

Originally posted by Gringe View Post
                Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Lol j/k. You don't get online anymore!

@Commander - Awesome material, I've already read this more than once and love it!
                Just don't have the time I need. Lots happening..
                Police Academy Commander
                Lead Firearms Instructor
                35+ years as a cop

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
                  Just don't have the time I need. Lots happening..
                  Lol Sorry, the online comment was for Ssheriff. I know you're busy.

Comment

Shadow,

I've been reading your articles and have gathered a lot of valuable information. I like them because they reflect experience and not just some vanilla rendition of does and don'ts.

Do you have anything geared more toward the veteran officer who's applying as a lateral with Gainesville PD. I'm testing on 5,6,7 Oct. and could really use the tips. This guy is going to be riding with them on 22 Sept. as well.
                    Last edited by leesrt; 09-18-2009, 02:28 PM.
                    Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
                      Shadow,

I've been reading your articles and have gathered a lot of valuable information. I like them because they reflect experience and not just some vanilla rendition of does and don'ts.

Do you have anything geared more toward the veteran officer who's applying as a lateral with Gainesville PD. I'm testing on 5,6,7 Oct. and could really use the tips. This guy is going to be riding with them on 22 Sept. as well.
                      Actually thats a great idea to add to it. And also I will answer your PM as soon as I get a chance, I am scheduling a cross over academy right now.. LOL these little messages are my breaks..
                      Police Academy Commander
                      Lead Firearms Instructor
                      35+ years as a cop

Comment

I'm getting a Bad Dictionary Encrypt message when I click the link.

Anyone else getting this or whats up? I want to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by FtrLaw002 View Post
                          I'm getting a Bad Dictionary Encrypt message when I click the link.

Anyone else getting this or whats up? I want to read it.
                          I just tried it and it seems fine, let me know if you still have problems and I can e-mail you a copy if need be..
                          Police Academy Commander
                          Lead Firearms Instructor
                          35+ years as a cop

Comment

Originally posted by Gringe View Post
                            Lol Sorry, the online comment was for Ssheriff. I know you're busy.
                            LOL, it's really been a while since I've perused the O.com boards. I'll try to be more active.

Check out what I've been up to at brc104rookie.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
                              I just tried it and it seems fine, let me know if you still have problems and I can e-mail you a copy if need be..

Thank you very much, sir, but I got it working finally. Apparently I needed an Adobe reader update.

I'm in business now, and looking forward to reading it. I'm graduating UF this semester, and thinking about going to academy and GPD, if they would hire me.. a lowly psych major college grad... THANKS AGAIN!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6691 users online. 364 members and 6327 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X