300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gainesville PD

Does the Gainesville PD require that you live in Alachua County to work for them ? I live in Marion County and was just wondering. Also, do they have many female officers, just curious ?

For a take home car you do and yes, plenty of females. I just got the letter last week to come test in Oct.
    You may want to post this in the Florida section.
    Last edited by leesrt; 09-16-2009, 08:54 PM.
    Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Thanks leesrt. Good luck to you on your October test

Comment

@leesrt: I will be here at the academy when you are testing in October. A bunch of guys in my class will be testing at the same time.

@valsgoal01: You have to live in the county for a take-home car, and yes GPD has plenty of female officers.

Comment

I'm testing with the "out of state certified" bunch.

I've done some research on GPD and they look real good. I just hope I'm making the right decision. My first LE employment made a real good brochure but it was all smoke and mirrors. At the heart they were a very politically correct/liability scared agency that got no respect from the local thugs.
          Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

Comment

GPD is a great department, a little over 350 strong, just got a new Chief this last week, Tony Jones. Hes a good guy from my meetings I have had with him.

Good luck on your test, maybe I'll wander out to see you all testing..
            Police Academy Commander
            Lead Firearms Instructor
            35+ years as a cop
            Becoming a Police Officer
            So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

What is the ride along policy like. I would like to ride with someone over the next week to get familiar with daily operations and calls.

Comment

You basically call them up, talk to the guy who organizes them, schedule one (usually for a week later) and come by, sign stuff and get goin'. Your officer will take you after their rollcall and you just drive all day with them, til end of shift if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by FtrLaw002 View Post
                  You basically call them up, talk to the guy who organizes them, schedule one (usually for a week later) and come by, sign stuff and get goin'. Your officer will take you after their rollcall and you just drive all day with them, til end of shift if you want.
                  Can you pm me with a good number to call. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
                    Can you pm me with a good number to call. Thanks
                    If you decide to do a ride along, you should stop by the academy to see where you would go and what its like. I am there most of the time, if you want to ask for me. Good luck..
                    Police Academy Commander
                    Lead Firearms Instructor
                    35+ years as a cop
                    Becoming a Police Officer
                    So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

I called and set up my ride along for the evening of the 22nd.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4064 users online. 237 members and 3827 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X