300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Canaveral PD?

I remembered hearing a few months back that Port Canaveral was going to stop contracting with the SO and launch their own PD. Does anyone know if it ever came to life? I know their not 1008 yet; I was just there last weekend and saw a ton of BSO cars.
    Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

I think so, because they do have openings for Police Officers on their website. Does anyone have any inside info on this newly formed agency?

Comment

Under the public safety on the city website it still says BCSO - Canaveral precinct, so my guess would be no.

Comment

Port Canaveral is different from the City of Cape Canaveral. The Port is starting a new PD, interviews are under-way.. Cape Canaveral will still use BCSO under contract
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by dannmann1050 View Post
          Port Canaveral is different from the City of Cape Canaveral. The Port is starting a new PD, interviews are under-way.. Cape Canaveral will still use BCSO under contract
          Duh. Yeah I lived out there for 10 years I'm pretty familiar with the area, just an idiot and thought I read Cape Canaveral not Port Canaveral. Just went to the website, starting pay of $38,000 is pretty good for the area. It would most definitely be an interesting place to police.

Comment

Duh would be correct. People reading this board may not know there is a difference. Much like Cocoa and Cocoa Beach, or the 4 "Melbourne's" (W Melbourne, Melbourne Village, Melbourne, Melbourne Beach)
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

And dont confuse Cape Canaveral with the Cape AFB right next door.

The port is tiny. They work a gate and sit in a truck all day. I worked with some guys out at the Cape AFB who knew the guys who were trying to get that started and they were saying since there's no actual policing to do, they wanted guys who were in their 50's and who were content doing nothing. They're only supposedly hiring like 5 or 6 people. Its nothing special. It will however activate your certification for those looking for a job but thats about it.

Comment

Originally posted by dannmann1050 View Post
                Duh would be correct. People reading this board may not know there is a difference. Much like Cocoa and Cocoa Beach, or the 4 "Melbourne's" (W Melbourne, Melbourne Village, Melbourne, Melbourne Beach)
                True that, when I first moved to Orlando and went to UCF it would annoy me when someone would say they were going to "Cocoa" for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
                  True that, when I first moved to Orlando and went to UCF it would annoy me when someone would say they were going to "Cocoa" for the weekend.
                  Sounds like my family. They live in Hasselberry, Altamonte and Winter Park but they have a condo in Cocoa Beach. I dont know why. Its an hour drive.

Any reason why the port went to its own pd?
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

cool beans
                    i am retiring december 31st with 26 yrs,
                    i may as well and apply since i am from up their and ' JACK' IS A PERSONAL PAL OF MINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......
                    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Any reason why the port went to its own pd?
                      Budgeting from what I hear. I guess it was cheaper in the long run to employ their own at 30k a year than to keep getting deputies to sit there for a detail.

Comment

Anyone have an app in with the new Port Pd??? If so has anyone heard anything???

Comment

Originally posted by deke11 View Post
                          Anyone have an app in with the new Port Pd??? If so has anyone heard anything???
                          Had an app in, and got a letter last week saying I wasn't selected. Inside scoop is they are looking for retired/very experienced guys who aren't quite ready to hang up the gun belt just yet.

Comment

Ahhh....Got to love agencies like that

Comment

You mean this Port ???

http://www.portcanaveral.com/general.../04232009.php#

http://www.portcanaveral.com/general/employment.php
                              Last edited by 2971511; 10-05-2009, 09:07 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4509 users online. 224 members and 4285 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X