300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question On Black&White In South Florida

A friend about 6 months bought a used Black and White CVPI..When I asked him if he was going to have it repainted he said only if he gets stopped and has to have it repainted..I have to admit the car looks real good in Black and White...He drives from Pompano Beach to Miami everyday and so far all is well and nobody is bothering him..

Is there a law that the car needs to be repainted or is he on borrowed time?

Thanks in advance.

Other than looking all ghetto, he should be fine, there are a bunch of cars around in my area that are those colors, I assume many of them would've been repainted already if they were pulled over.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
      Other than looking all ghetto, he should be fine, there are a bunch of cars around in my area that are those colors, I assume many of them would've been repainted already if they were pulled over.
      OK.Thanks

Comment

I am about 90% sure there is no problem with having a black and white car, as long as no police markings or emergency equipment is installed illegally of course, there should be no problem what so ever.
        sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
        D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
        Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

There is a specific statute in FL prohibiting any vehicle looking like an FHP car, but not the same markings as any other department car, unless it has police markings as stated above.
          Years ago when FHP cars came up for auction they would spray paint anything on the car to get around the statute, not sure if they still do.
          Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Comment

Originally posted by FLIrishK9 View Post
            There is a specific statute in FL prohibiting any vehicle looking like an FHP car, but not the same markings as any other department car, unless it has police markings as stated above.
            Years ago when FHP cars came up for auction they would spray paint anything on the car to get around the statute, not sure if they still do.
            I only saw one Back and Tan FHP car in Doral one day..Some guy in my friends complex had it..Somehow that one fell though the cracks..I really haven't noticed many Black and Whites running around by private citizens.

I myself would not buy a used patrol car [even though I like the bucket seats in a rear drive full size V8 car that is overall realiable] as I know most are run very hard. I do know of some people who got used FHP cars [a dealer in Palm Beach sells them] and they all say they have no issues with them and they have over 100K miles on them..The few people I know who bought cars that came from local agencies [Miami Beach for one] have had alot of issues with them.

Thanks all 4 the comeback!

I pray everyday that the killer of SGT CHRIS REYKA gets caught.
            Last edited by CROWNVIC4LIFE; 09-12-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

you know guys there are other cars...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5056 users online. 327 members and 4729 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X