300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Miami

Wow, I can't believe the City is laying off 177 officers I must admit this is some depressing news specially for all of us who dream to work for the City. It seems like all our dreams to become police officers are fading away because it seems like if its not one thing is another.

Agreed my friend!

Comment

Keep your heads up guys...Things will get better...Work on your plan B, whether it's finishing your degree or apply to other agancies...That way when it gets better again you'll look like the best candidate, experience, education the works...It's rough everywhere...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KarlBerry
        Man I guess everything happens for a reason, I failed the poly for City of Miami about a month ago but now Im almost on BSO. The city is gonna be a war zone if they cut 200 cops.
        Yup...Just like the 80's and early 90's...

And we've been real lucky, we haven't been hit w/ a real bad hurricane in years...God forbid, but think if one comes by...Yikes...
        sigpic

Comment

Good Advice SFG and keep your head up guys.

These so called layoffs are not going to happen though, it's a political ploy, IMO.

Comment

what i wonder about is where did all that government money they got go to....?
            sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
            D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
            Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

I wonder the same mbpd
              Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mbpdhopeful View Post
                what i wonder about is where did all that government money they got go to....?
                I am sure the money is still there but they can not do anything with it until this layoff situation is settled. They can use it to hire the 50 officers which why they received the money for or they have to file a waiver and resubmit an application to use the money to retain officers.

They City knows better than to abuse these funds. They do not want to end up on the banned list like Camden NJ, Newark NJ, Amtrak PD etc..
                We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

i just think they need to handle it better and save some jobs, rather then take some away and then turn around and hire new people, its not just not fair to those who lost their jobs you know?
                  sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
                  D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
                  Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

Don't believe the rumors, its a scare tactic they always use every time election comes around or so the seniors tell us. I have been told by the seniors that they did this when they were rookies too but nothing happened. They want us to give in our contract and we don't want to do that. They want our pension and our raises. I have to see what happens at the next FOP meeting...
                    It is highly unlikely that we will get fired, we just have to stand united though all this, I hope the seniors and us rookies wont break apart, if so we (rookies) will be the ones on the short end of the stick.
                    Last edited by Nikki1983; 09-13-2009, 11:46 AM.
                    Over town, this should be interesting!

Comment

What I cant believe is how they had money to build a school which the state should have paid for because its a public school, build a stadium with a 90 mil dollar parking lot for the marlins, hire detention officers, hire more P.O.s. And just a month ago they said they had a surplus, and now we are in a deficient?????!!! How is that, what kind of messed up mismanagement this is?
                      Over town, this should be interesting!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5239 users online. 294 members and 4945 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X