300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Lauderdale Applicants

Just curious if anyone on here that is in FLPD's process is on the eligible list and what your rank so far was...

Took my Oral board with FLPD about 3 weeks ago. First oral board Ive ever taken. Passed and on the list but not putting too much money on it just yet as I scored an 80%. If I do get a call to move on in the process then I'll be ready but not gonna get my hopes up lol.
    ~Nobody wins....
    when everyone's losing~

Comment

Have to re submit CJBAT test, Ill keep you posted.

USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
      Oorah!

Comment

I was ranked #11 on the list last I heard

Comment

Originally posted by jigsaw457 View Post
          I was ranked #11 on the list last I heard
          That sounds solid man, keep up the good work. I know when I went for my ride along and agility about 2 months ago the sergeant that night told me they were looking to fill about 25 positions. So #11 is not BAD!

All the best,

USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
          Oorah!

Comment

Fort Lauderdale PD

I will have to agree with you that the department is hiring quite a few officers.

I hope to be applying soon as a lateral transfer from MI.

I am trying to find out how the City of Fort Lauderdale is to live in. Also, can you point me to add other web sites that talks about Fort Lauderdale.

Any information that you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by 813Deputy2b View Post
              That sounds solid man, keep up the good work. I know when I went for my ride along and agility about 2 months ago the sergeant that night told me they were looking to fill about 25 positions. So #11 is not BAD!

All the best,

Dont want to burst your bubble man, but I was told when I passed with 80% that it put me in the 9th - 10th rank. That doesnt mean I'm the 9th or 10th person on the list. It means I fall in that ranking with a bunch of other people within that rank. They only proceed to advance people within the 1st - 5th ranking. Sorry =(
              ~Nobody wins....
              when everyone's losing~

Comment

Just keep at it everyone, you will all move up in rank eventually, it might take longer than expected because everyone and their mom wants to be cops all of a sudden. But ALOT of people will fail the psych test and just get DQ'ed for random stuff, its not impossible!

Comment

Originally posted by LawlSTi View Post
                  Dont want to burst your bubble man, but I was told when I passed with 80% that it put me in the 9th - 10th rank. That doesnt mean I'm the 9th or 10th person on the list. It means I fall in that ranking with a bunch of other people within that rank. They only proceed to advance people within the 1st - 5th ranking. Sorry =(
                  How long ago was your oral board?

Comment

Something like 3 weeks ago.
                    ~Nobody wins....
                    when everyone's losing~

Comment

I have my oral board on the 24th of September, so I'm a little anxious
                      Local PD
                      CJBAT: 89%
                      Application Submitted: 06/11/09
                      Oral Board: 9/24/09
                      POLYGRAPH: TBD
                      PSYCH: TBD
                      BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS: TBD
                      MEDICAL EXAM: TBD
                      HIRE DATE: TBD

Local PD
                      CJBAT: 89%
                      Application Submitted: 8/21/09
                      Oral Board: TBD
                      POLYGRAPH: TBD
                      PSYCH: TBD
                      BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS: TBD
                      MEDIACL EXAM: TBD
                      HIRE DATE: TBD

Comment

Originally posted by LawlSTi View Post
                        Okay I see that point, however there are 25 positions available....so the first 5 on the list get hired lets say, there's 20 positions left. So ranking top 10 seems decent no? In other words its not a list of people, there are certain grades based on your test score? They should really specify, haha.

USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
                        Oorah!

Comment

Originally posted by 813Deputy2b View Post
                          Okay I see that point, however there are 25 positions available....so the first 5 on the list get hired lets say, there's 20 positions left. So ranking top 10 seems decent no? In other words its not a list of people, there are certain grades based on your test score? They should really specify, haha.

I think what he was trying to say was that there maybe be like 5 or 6 people for EACH number ranking. I do not know if that is right or not, but that is what he was trying to say. Remember though to take information you read online with a grain of salt..

Comment

Originally posted by jigsaw457 View Post
                            I think what he was trying to say was that there maybe be like 5 or 6 people for EACH number ranking. I do not know if that is right or not, but that is what he was trying to say. Remember though to take information you read online with a grain of salt..
                            This is true there CAN be more than one person in each rank, but it doesn't mean that there always is. This should be explained in the letter you received with your rank #.

Comment

I don't understand how a rookie can outscore a lateral?

I mean I have some experience from fields like security, military, non sworn police work, aviation... but it doesn't replace lateral police work!

just don't understand how anyone like me would stand a chance...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5083 users online. 291 members and 4792 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X