300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broward County

well i was just sitting down thinking tonight about where i live and all and the departments i am applying for and was curious does anyone care to share the goods and bads of Broward County? is it much like Miami-Dade county (where i live) or is it different in a sense? any info will help and be much appreciated!
    sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
    D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
    Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Every city here in the 954 is different. They've all got their own personality, sort of like that married couple on TLC where they've got like 20 kids. They're all different.

Comment

Broward a nice county mbpd. Only thing is you turn the corner and you see the difference between a "ghetto" and a non-"ghetto" neighborhood.
      Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

Yeah, you can go from a nice neighborhood to a bad one real fast...A lot of people from Dade come over to Broward and do their stuff (sell drugs, rob, ect)...You're going to run into a lot of wannabe gangstas out here too...

Broward isn't like Dade, you can feel a difrent vibe when you're in one or the other county...I feel Dade is a little more hustle and bustle...
        sigpic

Comment

Thats right, when you cross county-line road you notice a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig difference between the two counties LOL.
          Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

ah okay thanks all, is it true that the more "bad" areas so to speak are near pompano beach and up in that area? also how are the streets there and all? mostly numbers? or is there is a lot of named streets? i am not to comfortable with Broward just yet, i have only really been up there maybe a couple dozen times. but i do love Markham park!
            sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
            D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
            Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

Well here in P-no, there are a few bad areas, definitely. If you're thinking about moving somewhere around here, shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to help you out with this.

Comment

nah i am not really thinking of moving from Miami-Dade county, thank you though, just trying to get a feel for Broward and see what could possibly be my county to patrol real soon. kind of like a heads up and what not. thanks all! are the streets mostly numbers or is there is alot of named streets?
                sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
                D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
                Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

A little bit of both, the street are numbered and named, usually presidents' and diffrent states' names; of course some big ones: Broward blvd, Commercial, Pines blvd, Hollywood blvd, Sheridan St, Flamingo, Palm, Miramar pkwy, University, Pembroke Rd, 441, US1, ect...

I like Dade a little better too, once I can I'm moving to the other side of county line...
                  Last edited by Southflaguy; 09-08-2009, 08:03 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

oh okay that's what i thought about the street names and numbers, i guess if i get hired with BSO i will learn quick my area up there. i am pretty good with my sense of direction and what not. i like Dade only because its all numbers and i was born and raised here my entire life so i guess you can say i know these streets like the back of my hand so i'm comfortable. i haven't been up to Broward as much but i guess i will learn quick if i get hired up there.
                    sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
                    D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
                    Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

Yeah, every city is diffrent, some cities might have more street number and others may have more names streets...Since you may be going in w/ BSO you may not know where you'll end up...

Good luck w/ BSO...
                      sigpic

Comment

this is true, thanks Southflaguy!
                        sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
                        D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
                        Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

BroCo is nice and quiet if you live in the north west area of Parkland or the northern parts Coral Springs or the far west area's of Weston, one problem, it costs money to be there. It all depends on your financial situation and how far away you want to be from everything, it really is up to you. Drive around, get a map and look at all our patrol districts, this will familiarize you with the area. You might be pleasantly surprised. I live in this area and like it because the Saw Grass is a great way to get to a lot of places, in my opinion of course.
                          Last edited by 973Sheriff; 09-16-2009, 09:16 PM.
                          (former) NJ PTC and still FLA certified LE
                          "There are two kinds of cops in this world; motors cops and cops who want to be motor cops..."

Comment

yeah i love the sunrise area, and i have family who lives both in Davie (i believe) and southwest ranches (nice quiet areas). from when i have gone up to the sheriff complex through Central Broward and all i have seen what you all talk about from one neighborhood being nice to the next being "getto" and that's the same even down here in Miami-Dade. i look forward to be apart of BSO and hopefully will know soon about my psyc results!
                            sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
                            D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
                            Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2936 users online. 149 members and 2787 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X