300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of rejection???

I went into my interview confident, and looking good in a brand new suite for the occasion. 3 days later I get a letter. The letter basically states "Thank you for your interest in the Collier County Sheriff's Office. We will now put your name in the list of existing candidates and call you when a position opens. We also advise you to check in every now and then for information on new positions that might be opening up."

I applied for Corrections and I see a new add on the local web site every week. And, if they are going to call me when a position opens up, why would I need to check for open ones? I don't like the sound of this at all. The letter is so vague and is leading me to many different possible conclusions.

Anyone get a similar type letter while applying for a Law Enforcement job in Florida. If so, what was the conclusion?

Any interpretations of this letter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your time and help.

Its called Collier county lol, they are notorious for doing that and then as I have heard some people say 5 days later they get a call saying that they are hired, if it was a rejection letter they wouldnt of told you that you were on a eligibility list.

If you are trying to be a LE good luck, they have a waiting list of people that are certified and they are not hiring anyone.
    Police academy cadet- sponsered

Comment

I'm not sure what an LE is to tell you the truth. I'm just going for Corrections Trainee.

Comment

If you want to get into corrections, don't JUST go for for Collier County. There are 60something (how many counties do we have again?) other counties in Florida, most of whom are hiring corrections deputies. Not saying you have to move to Key West or Pensacola, but at least put in with your surrounding counties.

Comment

Just about everywhere is hiring for corrections. Apply to places other than Collier. Lee Co., for example, is hurting for CO's.

Comment

If they tell you your name is on the list, that means you passed and you will be called according to your test score (highest score gets called first, second highest gets called next, third highest gets called after that, etc.) How long it will take them to get to you depends on how many vacancies they have to fill and how far down you are on the list. If they expect to fill 30 vacancies in the next year and you are number 20 on the list, it may be around six to eight months before you hear from them again. OTOH if you are number five on the list, you should hear something in a few weeks.

If they are still advertising for the same position, then it sounds like they have what's called Continuous Testing. What this means is, as people test, they are added to the list based on their score. So, if someone scores higher than you in the next testing process, they get slipped into the list above you and get called before you do. This ensures that the department always gets to hire the most qualified candidates. No doubt your score slipped you in on the list ahead of someone with a lower rating than you. This could delay your hiring depending on how many peolle score above you in future testing.

The comment of "We also advise you to check in every now and then for information on new positions that might be opening up" is good advice. It simply means that from time to time, they have job vacancies in new and different classifications you might be interested in and that you should check back periodically to see if anything new has opened up that you might want to test for.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

doesn't seem too negative to me. they could have said "thanks but no thanks"

Comment

LOL this is the first time I have ever heard of anyone questioning a "You passed" letter! It is exactly what it says, your on the list to be hired, when they reach you name on the list you will get a call.

But like someone else said there are tons of corrections jobs out there. Even Depart met of Corrections (State of Florida) is hiring constantly. Look around.
                Police Academy Commander
                Lead Firearms Instructor
                35+ years as a cop
                Becoming a Police Officer
                So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

You passed and are on an a list. They will offer a job to #1, if they reject or don't pass any parts of the job requirement, they move onto #2, and so on. Being on the list does NOT mean that you will get hired though. They could wash the list and start the hiring process over.

Comment

You recieved the Stand-By letter. You're not out. Good luck!!!
                    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
                    -Matthew 5:9

Comment

Not waste a flight....

Originally posted by Xgaspar View Post
                      Its called Collier county lol, they are notorious for doing that and then as I have heard some people say 5 days later they get a call saying that they are hired, if it was a rejection letter they wouldnt of told you that you were on a eligibility list.

If you are trying to be a LE good luck, they have a waiting list of people that are certified and they are not hiring anyone.
                      I just got a letter to schedule my oral interview for Collier. I'm LE in NJ an want to know if I should not waste a plane flight down there. Any thoughts??
                      Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by NJSouth View Post
                        I just got a letter to schedule my oral interview for Collier. I'm LE in NJ an want to know if I should not waste a plane flight down there. Any thoughts??
                        Oh come on. He took the exam, he passed and he placed on the hiring list list where he will be appointed in the order of his overall test score. That's how most civil service hiring works. What more do you want?
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4118 users online. 208 members and 3910 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X