300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for older alachua county shooting video

GAINESVILLE -- The Alachua County Sheriff's Office has cleared one of its deputies of wrongdoing for fatally shooting a man who attacked him with a samurai sword.

Deputy Richard LaLonde followed departmental policy when he killed Matthew Hibbitts on March 1, the Sheriff's Office said Friday. That policy justifies deadly force by a deputy when "it is necessary to prevent death or serious injury to himself or others."

A video shot from LaLonde's car March 1 showed Hibbitts charging within a few feet of the officer before the shooting.

The State Attorney's Office earlier said LaLonde, 30, fired nine shots, six of which hit Hibbitts. LaLonde told investigators that Hibbitts, 19, collapsed only after a struggle.

Hibbitts had cocaine and marijuana in his system and his blood alcohol level was about 0.12, according to toxicology reports.

i was looking for the video of this incident. any help would be appreciated. happened back in 2002 i think.

Originally posted by D.W. View Post
    GAINESVILLE -- The Alachua County Sheriff's Office has cleared one of its deputies of wrongdoing for fatally shooting a man who attacked him with a samurai sword.

Deputy Richard LaLonde followed departmental policy when he killed Matthew Hibbitts on March 1, the Sheriff's Office said Friday. That policy justifies deadly force by a deputy when "it is necessary to prevent death or serious injury to himself or others."

A video shot from LaLonde's car March 1 showed Hibbitts charging within a few feet of the officer before the shooting.

The State Attorney's Office earlier said LaLonde, 30, fired nine shots, six of which hit Hibbitts. LaLonde told investigators that Hibbitts, 19, collapsed only after a struggle.

Hibbitts had cocaine and marijuana in his system and his blood alcohol level was about 0.12, according to toxicology reports.

i was looking for the video of this incident. any help would be appreciated. happened back in 2002 i think.
    PM me I have access to this..
    Police Academy Commander
    Lead Firearms Instructor
    35+ years as a cop
    Becoming a Police Officer
    So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

pmed. thanks

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11645 users online. 510 members and 11135 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X