300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of State LEO carrying

I'm an officer from Indiana who will be down in Palm Coast next week for vacation with my family. How do the agencies down there look at out-of-state officers carrying? I know a few states make it a hassle, just curious about the Sunshine State.

I wouldn't think anyone would give you too much problem. Just make sure to carry your ID.

Try not to use a "fanny bag" to carry.

Some public venues will not allow you to carry on their private property - like some concerts, sporting events etc...

If you visit Disney or one of the parks in Orlando, they will not allow you in the park if they know you are armed - they will tell you to leave your weapon in your car.

Comment

Bro your going to Florida, expect them to look at you like your crazy for carrying while on vacation in Florida. My Sergeant went to Florida and took some patches to trade. He walked in some PD and asked about trading patches and the dude looked at him like he was crazy and said, why would you want to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by chicubs View Post
        I'm an officer from Indiana who will be down in Palm Coast next week for vacation with my family. How do the agencies down there look at out-of-state officers carrying? I know a few states make it a hassle, just curious about the Sunshine State.
        As of 2004, you're allowed to carry out of your jurisdiction and out-of-state if you're a commissioned LEO. It's a federal law called HR 218.

Comment

Thanks

I'm familiar with HR 218, but I know a few officers that got hassled about it while in Chicago. Like I said, just curious as to what the feel of it was from you all down in Florida, and around Palm Coast especially. Also, absolutely no fanny pack will accompany me to Florida. Disneyland is no on this years itenarary. Thanks for any info you all have.

Comment

Originally posted by StalkerCop View Post
            Bro your going to Florida, expect them to look at you like your crazy for carrying while on vacation in Florida. My Sergeant went to Florida and took some patches to trade. He walked in some PD and asked about trading patches and the dude looked at him like he was crazy and said, why would you want to do that.
            Yeah, we aren't friendly people down here. I apologize, but we just really aren't "your southern small town cops" lol! I'm not a cop or anything, I'm just saying.. I can completely understand that happening.

Comment

Thats weird, I've traveled to FLA on numerous occasions, traded patches, etc, and NEVER had a problem.... I guess you could say, that ever agency has one or "them"....... My interaction with Fla LE was great....... and I got some patches too... As far as taking your gun with you...... I never want my last thought before some thug blows my brains out in a convienence store roobery to be "Damm, I wish I had my gun with me."...... Especially after 9-11-01, I carry almost EVERYWHERE........ why wouldn't you ???

Comment

Originally posted by chicubs View Post
                I'm familiar with HR 218, but I know a few officers that got hassled about it while in Chicago. Like I said, just curious as to what the feel of it was from you all down in Florida, and around Palm Coast especially. Also, absolutely no fanny pack will accompany me to Florida. Disneyland is no on this years itenarary. Thanks for any info you all have.
                They can "hassle" all they want, but there isn't jack they can do about it. Show them your creds and then say "now beat it!" lol

Comment

I'm all for more guns in the hands of the good guys! I carry everywhere I go. When I leave Florida, I always stuff a copy of HR 218 in my badge wallet. I've always figured my bad luck would cause me to come in contact with a 2 day rookie that was out to save the world from other armed LEO's.

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
                    Thats weird, I've traveled to FLA on numerous occasions, traded patches, etc, and NEVER had a problem.... I guess you could say, that ever agency has one or "them"....... My interaction with Fla LE was great....... and I got some patches too... As far as taking your gun with you...... I never want my last thought before some thug blows my brains out in a convienence store roobery to be "Damm, I wish I had my gun with me."...... Especially after 9-11-01, I carry almost EVERYWHERE........ why wouldn't you ???
                    You must've been around Northern Florida.. or smaller departments...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6179 users online. 304 members and 5875 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X