Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B-Pad Question?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • B-Pad Question?

    Hey everyone, I was looking at the Miramar police website and I was wondering what is the B-Pad. I did searched online, but I didn't get enough info on the B-Pad. I would like to know has anyone taken the B-Pad before or know anything else about it?

    Chris

  • #2
    Chris,

    Once again, you need to really try and flush out those investigation skills prior to asking questions that have been thorough answered in the very recent past. Your wanting to become a police officer whose bread and butter skills involves investigation, but you can't seem to use a little common sense to give yourself a head-start on that path. Do you think when you arrive on-scene after a home invasion that you're going to be able to stand around writing a bunch of questions and waiting for your assist car to arrive so HE/SHE can answer them for you? No, you will have to go use the resources you have at your disposal to assess the situation and start figuring out what happened.

    Why do you think these forums save threads all the way back to 2005? (Check the "Archive" button at the bottom of the Police Forums main page to search threads that far back). They are saved so that people like you and me and everyone else, can try to find information that has already been asked a dozen times before, without having to ask...again. These forums are for you to research and "investigate" about being a law enforcement officer so you know what you're getting into.

    Had you taken 5 minutes from your day to do a quick Google or forum search about the "B-Pad" you would have found the following links (in addition to many more), that explains in as much detail as possible, what the B-Pad is all about. I hope these links assist you in finding out the information you need, but try not to clutter up the forums by asking the same questions many others have asked, because you can't find the "Search" button at the top of the page.

    http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27874

    http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ighlight=B-pad

    http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ighlight=B-pad

    http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...highlight=Bpad

    http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...highlight=Bpad

    http://www.eatstress.com/b-pad.htm

    http://www.policeworld.net/vb/archiv...hp?t-1085.html

    Comment


    • #3
      ouch!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        D a m n !!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by enisei View Post
          Chris,

          Once again, you need to really try and flush out those investigation skills prior to asking questions that have been thorough answered in the very recent past. Your wanting to become a police officer whose bread and butter skills involves investigation, but you can't seem to use a little common sense to give yourself a head-start on that path. Do you think when you arrive on-scene after a home invasion that you're going to be able to stand around writing a bunch of questions and waiting for your assist car to arrive so HE/SHE can answer them for you? No, you will have to go use the resources you have at your disposal to assess the situation and start figuring out what happened.

          Why do you think these forums save threads all the way back to 2005? (Check the "Archive" button at the bottom of the Police Forums main page to search threads that far back). They are saved so that people like you and me and everyone else, can try to find information that has already been asked a dozen times before, without having to ask...again. These forums are for you to research and "investigate" about being a law enforcement officer so you know what you're getting into.

          Had you taken 5 minutes from your day to do a quick Google or forum search about the "B-Pad" you would have found the following links (in addition to many more), that explains in as much detail as possible, what the B-Pad is all about. I hope these links assist you in finding out the information you need, but try not to clutter up the forums by asking the same questions many others have asked, because you can't find the "Search" button at the top of the page.

          http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27874

          http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ighlight=B-pad

          http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ighlight=B-pad

          http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...highlight=Bpad

          http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...highlight=Bpad

          http://www.eatstress.com/b-pad.htm

          http://www.policeworld.net/vb/archiv...hp?t-1085.html

          UNNECESSARY....all you could have done is kindly provide the link for the individual, no need to bash them and then provide the information. Its people like you who make a lot of people don't like to ask questions. But I guess your information will be helpful to the individual who's asking.
          Last edited by Hopefull101; 09-20-2008, 12:56 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Lol .... W/E. I got the same treatment back in 06 when I registered.

            I can see now why he replied the way he did.
            WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

            Comment


            • #7
              Dude seriously...I think it took more effort to write that rant than it would to have simply answered the question and help someone out. To answer your question, the B-Pad is test of video based scenarios. You watch a video, you see several different scenarios and then you must respond to them as if you were there at that moment dealing with it. If you don't have prior LEO experience they understand that. Just use common sense to make the most logical replies and never say "in this situation I would do this...". Good luck to you.

              Comment


              • #8
                With all due respect to everyone on this board, the mentality, seriousness , and maturity level of being a law enforcement police officer in our day is unlike any other profession. This career path isn't for the faint of heart, the weekend-warriors, guys who love watching "COPS", or those who are not serious about what they do. You place your life in the hands of others, as they place theirs in yours. You'll deal with the lowest forms of life in society, people who will shoot you for no other reason than you you happen to be sitting in your patrol car at a stop-light and it's a boring Friday night.

                This job isn't a joke and it's not for people who are not dedicated and mature enough to do it. The thread starter and other people like him need to be sure they know what their getting into when applying with police departments and making that choice. He needs to adjust his mind-set, up the maturity level, and become serious about this decision. Anyone going this route, needs to use some common sense when continuing to post threads asking the same tired questions that have been asked a dozen times.

                You know what 5 minutes worth of "investigating" told me about cjcpop2007?

                1) I know his race
                2) I know his sex
                3) I know how old he is
                4) I know his exact birthdate
                5) I know where he works
                6) I have his picture
                7) I know what car he drives
                8) I know who lives with him
                9) I know what city he lives in
                10) I know how tall he is
                11) I know how much he weighs
                12) most importantly, I know he wants to be a police officer.

                Pretty scary huh? If it's not, it should be. The point I am making is if i can spend 5 minutes of my time finding all this information to HELP someone (because regardless of what some of you may think, this post is to absolutely help Chris), then that may just save his life one day from some MS-13 gang banger fresh out of the jail who wants to prove himself again by waiting in the parking lot of the a certain video store in Miami Gardens for a certain soon-to-be police officer. If nothing else this seemingly harsh display will at least show Chris that it's easy to find the information you seek with a little bit of ingenuity.

                I hope this helps.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SJR1709 View Post
                  Dude seriously...I think it took more effort to write that rant than it would to have simply answered the question and help someone out. To answer your question, the B-Pad is test of video based scenarios. You watch a video, you see several different scenarios and then you must respond to them as if you were there at that moment dealing with it. If you don't have prior LEO experience they understand that. Just use common sense to make the most logical replies and never say "in this situation I would do this...". Good luck to you.
                  Perfectly, answered.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Some of you need to grow some thicker skin fast! If you think for a second that your academy instructors, FTO's, or anyone else is going to hold your hand and spoon feed you answers to every question you have, you are going to be in for a rude awakening.

                    Did it ever occur to anyone that B-PAD might even have a website that explains the test? Guess what comes up first if you search for "b-pad in" just about any search engine...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by enisei View Post
                      With all due respect to everyone on this board, the mentality, seriousness , and maturity level of being a law enforcement police officer in our day is unlike any other profession. This career path isn't for the faint of heart, the weekend-warriors, guys who love watching "COPS", or those who are not serious about what they do. You place your life in the hands of others, as they place theirs in yours. You'll deal with the lowest forms of life in society, people who will shoot you for no other reason than you you happen to be sitting in your patrol car at a stop-light and it's a boring Friday night.

                      This job isn't a joke and it's not for people who are not dedicated and mature enough to do it. The thread starter and other people like him need to be sure they know what their getting into when applying with police departments and making that choice. He needs to adjust his mind-set, up the maturity level, and become serious about this decision. Anyone going this route, needs to use some common sense when continuing to post threads asking the same tired questions that have been asked a dozen times.

                      You know what 5 minutes worth of "investigating" told me about cjcpop2007?

                      1) I know his race
                      2) I know his sex
                      3) I know how old he is
                      4) I know his exact birthdate
                      5) I know where he works
                      6) I have his picture
                      7) I know what car he drives
                      8) I know who lives with him
                      9) I know what city he lives in
                      10) I know how tall he is
                      11) I know how much he weighs
                      12) most importantly, I know he wants to be a police officer.

                      Pretty scary huh? If it's not, it should be. The point I am making is if i can spend 5 minutes of my time finding all this information to HELP someone (because regardless of what some of you may think, this post is to absolutely help Chris), then that may just save his life one day from some MS-13 gang banger fresh out of the jail who wants to prove himself again by waiting in the parking lot of the a certain video store in Miami Gardens for a certain soon-to-be police officer. If nothing else this seemingly harsh display will at least show Chris that it's easy to find the information you seek with a little bit of ingenuity.

                      I hope this helps.
                      UNBELIEVABLE....Mr.investigator and how do you know all this information about the thread starter? and what race is he may i ask?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hopefull101 View Post
                        UNBELIEVABLE....Mr.investigator and how do you know all this information about the thread starter? and what race is he may i ask?
                        Some of that stuff is in his profile. I'm guessing the other things he searched through his previous posts. No big deal, no secret.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hopefull101 View Post
                          UNBELIEVABLE....Mr.investigator and how do you know all this information about the thread starter? and what race is he may i ask?
                          If you'd truly like to know the answer to your question, feel free to search his user-name on any number of popular web searches and you will quickly come up with any answer you seek. Unfortunately you and many others like yourself who are not yet officers, are missing the point of my initial comments.

                          Having ones personal information posted on the internet for the world to see, is not a wise decision when one decides to venture into the field of law enforcement. Any number of people are glad and willing to cause officers and their families harm because of actions we are forced to take while performing our duties. It's unfortunate when officers feel the need to plaster their photos of themselves and their families all over Facebook, Myspace, YouTube, etc, because it's the popular thing to do. The whole point of my statements is to show that a few minutes of looking around can produce enormous amounts of information...whether that be on a topic such as the B-Pad or the PAT, or personal information of someone that doesn't need to be disclosed for the world to see.

                          Pointing out the poster's mistake can accomplish two very important things: 1) It can show him the ease with which he can glean all types of helpful information from a variety of sources, and 2) It shows him the importance of keeping ones personal information to himself, and not for the world to see.

                          Most of you responding with *gasps* and "Ohh my he's rude!" are not yet officers and unfortunately lack the understanding of using a bit of common sense in how you view things. I trust that one day when you do become officers, you will understand the importance of your safety, whether it be on a traffic stop on I-95 or some public social networking website you simply HAD to join.

                          With that being said, I think "Cjcpop2007" has been provided ample information about his initial question and other important areas.
                          Last edited by enisei; 09-21-2008, 07:12 AM. Reason: (sp)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I do have to support enisei with the idea NOT to use a user-name that you use for everything else (ie:myspace) because you can find out way too much about a person like that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              next post..
                              Last edited by Hopefull101; 09-21-2008, 11:46 AM.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4674 users online. 305 members and 4369 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X