300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossover to LEO in Central Florida...need help

So I'm currently state certified as a C/O here in the sunshine state. Working for an agency here in central florida. Thing is i want to get dual certified, and had plans to go to the crossover academy @ SCC this coming feb. Turned out my luck I got put on days. Days are great don't get me wrong, with the family and all but now I'm set back with my whole crossover plans. Anyone know any crossover academies in the central florida area that run night classes. Like 7 to 11's or something of that nature??
    "If I won the lottery, I'd buy myself a police department. I'd hire all my buddies and we'd all drive Corvette patrol cars and sit around the doughnut shop I would own. Whenever someone would come in and say "I guess this my tax dollars at work", I would tell him to get the hell out my doughnut shop, then we'd all laugh and try to figure out what to do next."

--Quote taken from User "kcso"....hope you don't mind buddy, but this was just too funny not to steal from you....I'm still laughing.--

I bet it is not as close as you would like, but depending on where you live still doable.

Brevard Community College
    Criminal Justice Center
    3865 N. Wickham Road

Melbourne, FL 32935
    (321) 433-5695

CROSS-OVER PROGRAM

Corrections Officer to CMS Law Enforcement Officer

PREREQUISITE: Must hold current Corrections Officer's Certification OR completion of the Corrections Officer Basic Training and successful completion of the Florida State Exam for Corrections (within four years). Must also successfully pass the CJBAT for Law Enforcement as well as a fingerprint criminal history check.

This part-time program is held twice a year and is available during the Fall 2008 BCC term.

DATES/TIMES:

Evening program: August 18, 2008 - February 27, 2009
    Monday-Thursday 6:00pm - 10:00pm plus 3 Saturday's for driving
    Held at the BCC Melbourne Campus

COURSE HOURS: 457 hours (approximately 27 weeks) - 17 vocational credits

COST TO ATTEND: Spring 2008 Rates

Tuition: 17 vocational credits @ $55.00 per credit hour = $935.00
    Lab Fee: $125.00
    Total Tuition: $1,060.00
    Additional costs include: Fingerprinting fee, books, physical, ammo, uniforms

Tuition Pay Plan is available.

Fifteen students are required to begin this program.

For information/application package, contact:

Larry Carter , Criminal Justice Coordinator
    Phone: 321-433-5695
    E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

thanks bud, anyone else got any other info in mind?
      "If I won the lottery, I'd buy myself a police department. I'd hire all my buddies and we'd all drive Corvette patrol cars and sit around the doughnut shop I would own. Whenever someone would come in and say "I guess this my tax dollars at work", I would tell him to get the hell out my doughnut shop, then we'd all laugh and try to figure out what to do next."

--Quote taken from User "kcso"....hope you don't mind buddy, but this was just too funny not to steal from you....I'm still laughing.--

Comment

Polk community college has a great acadamy and crossover program. I just got done with my EOT and they were awesome.

Comment

Polk may be a little too far, im looking closer towards SCC or Valencia CJI

Comment

Just to follow up anyone who has read this thread, I contact SCC (seminole community college) today. They stated that a deputy from volusia is trying to get a night time crossover (CO to LEO) academy together for those who are working days. They already have 7 people on the list including myself. So anyone else who may be interested, please call and sign up on the list. All we need is 15 to start the class. Here's the number to the Criminal Justice Institute if anyones interested. 1-407-708-2220

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5736 users online. 322 members and 5414 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X