300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the plunge

Well i finally put in my first application with an agency tonight. It is the first of two i am shooting for.
    There is something about the job that has always driven me to the department, even before i lived in the state of Florida. Hopefully i get hired on. I'll keep you guys posted on my status'.

I'm guessing I'm too late to make the 117th...any idea when the 118th will be?
    (though maybe they will rush me along and I'll get to go to 117th, lol.) I wonder what the chances of that happening would be.
    Last edited by pyro2; 01-26-2009, 01:40 PM.

You'd be much better off at HCSO. Better pay and (IMO) a better agency.

Either way, best of luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by pyro2 View Post
      I'm guessing I'm too late to make the 117th...any idea when the 118th will be?
      (though maybe they will rush me along and I'll get to go to 117th, lol.) I wonder what the chances of that happening would be.

I'm an applicant with FHP and will be done with the major steps next week. I want this job for the same reasons you do.

If you ask me, you can still make the 117th. There was a guy on here who made the 116th in less than 4 months. I applied right before the 116th started so they took their time with me.

Just make sure you get all the required documents and include them in your Supplemental Application.

Good Luck!

It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

thanks! good luck

Comment

heard back last week and am awaiting PAT test info as well as the supplemental app.
          I will be submitting an app to SPPD this week and possibly doing the civil service app with HCSO.
          I am taking the LE version of the FBAT tomorrow probably, hope i can beat my 93% on the CORRECTIONS version.

Comment

Good luck across the board, bro.

Comment

little update...took the correct fbat, this time for LE, and scored a 93% again. (that is with rushing through it and knowingly missing a few because i thought i knew it all, bad idea)

i also heard back from FHP last week and got the supplemental app and my PAT date. november 19th in orlando. hope it goes well, and i'm hoping to be one of those cases where they speed up the process and get my invite to the 117th a week before it starts.

ive been running every day to get prepared for the academy. starting to get used to it again (i used to run all the time)

i also called and set up another ride along, this time in the county where i live with FHP. i went on one a few weeks ago and it was pretty cool, just hoping to network a little bit and get some insight into the department and the hiring process.

thanks to all who have helped me out thus far. hopefully ill be driving the black and tan here in the near future!

Comment

good luck buddy! Sounds like everything should work out!
                -Matt

Comment

took the PAT last week...passed it. Turned in my FBAT scores...just waiting to hear back from them.

Comment

got my poly date of january 26th in tampa.

Comment

got my poly date of january 26th in tampa.

See you at the 118th
                      Last edited by ChRdy21799; 01-06-2009, 08:48 PM.
                      It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

took my poly today, wasn't bad at all. waiting to hear back about a psych date now.

Comment

took my poly today, wasn't bad at all. waiting to hear back about a psych date now.
                          awesome PYRO! Great to hear you are doing well thus far!

hey I thought that HCSO required the TABE or something? Is it just the CJBAT (FBAT) and Physical Agility ? I had wanted to apply... I am assuming they will accept my CJBAT scores. Also, PYRO what does this mean "A copy of the Civil Service notification showing qualification." that they are asking for?

keep us posted man, and I appreciate the help.
                          Last edited by RobbJustKidding; 01-26-2009, 01:04 PM. Reason: another q

Comment

Originally posted by RobbJustKidding View Post
                            awesome PYRO! Great to hear you are doing well thus far!

hey I thought that HCSO required the TABE or something? Is it just the CJBAT (FBAT) and Physical Agility ? I had wanted to apply... I am assuming they will accept my CJBAT scores. Also, PYRO what does this mean "A copy of the Civil Service notification showing qualification." that they are asking for?

keep us posted man, and I appreciate the help.
                            no idea...i ended up not applying with hcso for the time being.

Comment

awesome dude!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158249 users online. 125 members and 158124 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X