300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone hit my car, look. Need advice

I was leaving my job, to find my car door was hit with another car door. There was a note on my window, the manager of my job stated he slipped and his door slammed into my driver door. He left me his number to call him, i called left a message.

I then told my brother, and he told me Florida is a no hit law? Or something like that.. where if he accidently hit my car, his insurance and in court I can't claim any money.

Is this true? He hit my door, and I can't do anything?

Suggestions?

Originally posted by mruiz46 View Post
    I was leaving my job, to find my car door was hit with another car door. There was a note on my window, the manager of my job stated he slipped and his door slammed into my driver door. He left me his number to call him, i called left a message.
    I then told my brother, and he told me Florida is a no hit law? Or something like that.. where if he accidently hit my car, his insurance and in court I can't claim any money.

Is this true? He hit my door, and I can't do anything?

Suggestions?
    So the person who hit your door was your manager??

Why not just call the person who left their number and see what they want to do about this. I'm sure they're willing to pay for damages if they left their #. Your lucky they did.

Comment

hes a manager where i work, he left a note, and i showed the owner of restaurant and he said yeah thats his handwriting, i called he didn't pick up I left a message.

But im told theres some act in florida where I can't claim money for him accidently hitting my door, I dont believe that cause it sounds stupid..

Comment

You can take him to small claims court, but it's all a civil matter. just wait til you see him at work and I'm sure he's willing to work something out. Don't make it a bigger deal than it is... especially since it's someone you work with.

Comment

how bad is the damage?? If he left you a note he'll probably pay for the repair.

Comment

The damage isn't bad, Its just my car is very nice and clean, and now on my drivers side door, I have a HUGE dent.

Any ideas on how much it would cost to get repaired? Im gonna talk to him tonight at work.

Florida has a no fault law, which goes to medical protection, not liability.

So my friend was wrong about what he said, someone clarified that for me.

Thanks for the answers

Comment

I left you a response in the other forum that you posted this. All traffic related incidents are civil in nature anyway. Confront him about the dent, show him the note. I imagine that if you took the car to a paintless dent removal place, it's going to cost $50-$100 to repair. If he refuses, take him to small claims court. There's no need to get insurance involved in something like this.
              Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God. - Matthew 5:9

Comment

If He Left His Info He Probably Is Willing To Pay Out Of Pocket For It Anyways. You Can Report It To Ins But Its Probably Going To Be Under You Ded Anyways So If They Refuse To Pay For It Which I Doubt It Take To Small Claims Court

Comment

Most people don't leave notes, you are one of the very rare people that got lucky. If he was decent enough to take responsibility for the accident when he could have walked away, I would be very courteous and not start out with statements about going to court, etc. Just wait on him return your call and see what happens (he could be out of town).
                  Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Originally posted by 355339 View Post
                    Most people don't leave notes, you are one of the very rare people that got lucky. If he was decent enough to take responsibility for the accident when he could have walked away, I would be very courteous and not start out with statements about going to court, etc. Just wait on him return your call and see what happens (he could be out of town).
                    Agreed. This guy did the right thing and left a note, so I think it would be the right thing for you to do, to allow him to fix this on his own without court or insurance getting involved.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6146 users online. 333 members and 5813 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X