300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broward Academy: new Physical profile questions

Did a quick search on this and didn't see any current threads about it.
    I just checked the FLPD website and it listed different physical standards numbers than I previously saw...checked the BCC academy website, and sure enough, they list a new standard, as well.

As part of the standards once you're actually IN the academy it lists minimum numbers for pullups, pushups, situps, treadmills, etc.

My question is: How often are these physical profiles done?
    I thought I had heard twice during the academy...is that still the case? If so, when is the first one usually done (i.e.-- 1st week, 2nd week, 2 month, etc.)?

I'm still trying to reach my '100% in-shape' status, and I don't want to rush into an academy if I'm gonna get hit with a profile that I may not be ready for during the 1st week.

Thanks for any info!

Unless something has changed in the last 6 months then there are 3 total profiles. Unless your department has stricter standards then you must pass at least the 3rd profile in order to walk at graduation. The first profile is about 4 or 5 weeks into your academy as I remember. FDLE just added new PT hours to the curriculum so you'll have that to help you out but there is definitely something to be said for training on your own.

Profiles are based on a sliding scale average. 75% is a pass. The minimum score earns you a 75% and the max earns you 100%. All the scores totaled up and averaged will give you a final score which must be in 75% or better to pass.

Depending on the size of your class you may have several minutes between exercises or very minimal time between exercises.
    Jeff

:< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

Comment

Profiles aren't all that difficult and the PT definitely helps...matter of fact average increase in my class from 1st to 2nd was 5% and the lowest scores were mid 80s

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6217 users online. 335 members and 5882 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X