Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Petersburg Police Department

Good Day,

I am looking for information on the St. Petersburg Police Department hiring process.

How long is the process taking from PAT to the end of Backgrounds? Is there any type of Oral/Panel Interview?

I e-mailed the Recruitment Unit but did not receive any response. I also searched on this site but could not find any information.

Thanks to all those who reply.

Well There Is No Oral Board. They Set You Up With A Meeting With The Bi After You Turn In Your Complete Application. There He Will Go Over Some Paperwork With You And Then Set You Up With A Date For Your Poly. Depending On Results You Will Be Set Up With A Psych Test Date. Again, Depending On Your Results From That They Will Send You A Letter With Dates You Can Choose From To Do Your Pat And Will Inform You That Your Bi Has Started. Then After That You Wait . Hope This Helps And Good Luck

Comment

hey Thanks USFbull,

do you know how many positions they have available?

Comment

Originally posted by FortLoddy View Post
        hey Thanks USFbull,

do you know how many positions they have available?
        More than they can fill. SPPD is not a good agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester9 View Post
          More than they can fill. SPPD is not a good agency.
          Why is that if you dont mind explaining?

Comment

Originally posted by Unit453 View Post
            Why is that if you dont mind explaining?
            They have a horrible reputation for not supporting their officers and not allowing their officers to be very proactive. I know a couple of people who worked there and got out as soon as they could.

They have major turnover issues as well.

Comment

i have interview coming up this week with st pete pd and im a little scared about my credit history and my job history. i have had alot of jobs since i was 16 and im 26 now, just trying to make the most money out of the diff jobs i had thats why i bounced around so much prolly 13 jobs. anyone know how they look at that.? with the credit deal i prolly have like 1800$ worth the debt but its small things cell phone companies etc. i have made arrangements with them in the past week to make payments on some and settle on some others, what do you guys think and how will this effect my chances. i know st pete doesnt have that good of a rep but i like them so any advice would be nice. thx alot

this was my ? let me know

Comment

hey how is it going. let me how you did with the interview? i am turning in the application to them this week. i feel the same way you do , they may not be the best department out there but they pay well and they are willing to sponsor, which works for me.

Comment

same boat...gonna be putting mine in this week as well. the more agencies the better.

Comment

I'm also applying and will be dropping of my application packet next week. The thing that concerns me are the comments regarding reputation of non-support. It just doesn't make sense that a department of 500 can survive with many angry officers. Can someone give more information about the department's morale.

Comment

just dropped off my application today. ill keep you guys updated?

Comment

I was looking at applying to St. Pete in the summer because I have family in the Bradenton area, however after doing hours of research, I rarely found one good thing about the department except that it sponsors which most agencies in FL it seems do not now days.

Comment

To tell you the truth from what I saw this agency was pretty up to date. I am not a LEO but everything I saw seemed great. The officers I was introduced to were great and liked where they were and the equipment was pretty state of the art but like I said I am not a LEO yet so I dont know. Just apply and see what they say. Do not(not) apply because of someone else's hear say

Comment

Hello, Does anyone here work with SPPD?

Comment

I did a ride-along with them back in 2008 as a part of the hiring process. Morale at the time was extremely low. The department is seen as a stepping stone to many internally, and a lot of folk transfer out of there and to other departments. I’m not sure how the economic downturn has “changed” that philosophy or what not, but a job is a job. One thing I didn’t like was there “ABSOLUTELY NO” chase policy. The “regulars” are well aware of it. During my tour, I can’t tell you how many people took off from us without stopping, and there was nothing we could do but try and write down there license plate. There is also a very big dislike of the police within the community. It’s also a very young department as most of the people I had met were less than two years on the job. The officer I was assigned to had just come off probation. Not sure if any of this helps, but just wanted to share with you what I saw and was told. I personally love the area but prefer Miami. Don’t forget to also look into Clearwater which is where a lot of officers transfer to. Best of luck to you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3648 users online. 212 members and 3436 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X