Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you Fort Lauderdale guys.

Who in their right mind decided to take a Chevy HHR and make it a marked unit??? I have seen a few of these "things" and they look horrible!! I can't see those things being pursuit rated or any value as a police vehicle.

Are you talking code enforcement or actual cars with blue and red lights? I know code enforcement has a few HHR's.

Comment

Actual marked "units" one passed me running code on 95 today bc they almost missed their exit lol

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's a S.R.O.

Comment

Originally posted by jDmImagE View Post
          I'm pretty sure it's a S.R.O.
          Have seen FLPD SRO with HHRs.

BSO CSA have some HHRs also.

Comment

FLPD also has some PSAs with HHRs....
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

the only HHR marked units we have are for the School Resource Officers. PSA's dont use them. I have no clue who decided to go with those but they are horrible. they are as intimidating as the segways our beach officers use.

Comment

Do your SRO's go out to the road for summer, if so I can see the sistrunk guys really shaking in their boots when the HHR comes around.

Comment

If I was a SRO, I would go back to patrol just so I wouldn't have to drive that embarrassing junk. I don't know who made that decision, but they need another psychological exam. Even the PSA's have a lot nicer veh than the SRO's. Obviously, whoever made that decision knows absolutely nothing about cars, because that's Chevy's entry level car with horrible ratings.
                  Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Originally posted by 355339 View Post
                    If I was a SRO, I would go back to patrol just so I wouldn't have to drive that embarrassing junk. I don't know who made that decision, but they need another psychological exam. Even the PSA's have a lot nicer veh than the SRO's. Obviously, whoever made that decision knows absolutely nothing about cars, because that's Chevy's entry level car with horrible ratings.
                    You're right, the HHR carries with it NO authority and is a joke. Campus security wouldn't even be caught dead riding around in one of those things never mind a real cop. Should have put them in a mini cooper, I respect those things more than the HHR.

Comment

Haha funny thread. My uncle actually drives the HHR. He's on the mounted unit. It's his take home car. He uses a pick-up while on his regular shift.

Comment

Originally posted by santelises29 View Post
                        Haha funny thread. My uncle actually drives the HHR. He's on the mounted unit. It's his take home car. He uses a pick-up while on his regular shift.
                        He's a great cop and a great guy!

Comment

Originally posted by santelises29 View Post
                          I recently found out that officers assigned to the F-250's and live out of county get the HHR'S to save on gas. Your uncle is a great officer. They were bought as SRO veh's because someone thought they would be less "threatening" to the kids at school and they would like them. The problem is the SRO's can't transport in them and they make arrest on a regular basis. most SRO's had to trade back to the CV and they had all the HHR's sitting around, so the people that live out of county got stuck with them.
                          Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Thank You. He does live out of county that's why the F-250 is no longer his take home. A couple friends and I are actually going to start the application process with Ft Lauderdale PD. I would love to work alongside him and learn the tricks of the trade.

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5330 users online. 296 members and 5034 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X