300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What big cities do sponsor?

Hey, I have been playing with the idea of looking at moving to FL for awhile, however one of the major things that is holding me back is that many departments are not sponsoring anymore. Does anyone have a list of the bigger cities that will still sponsor? I heard St. Pete still sponsors however just read on here Orlando is not anymore?

I'd be willing to look just about anywhere in the state except maybe Miami because the cost of living is so expensive there... Thanks.

Even though you said you wouldn't like Miami...

City of Miami & Miami-Dade sponsor a bunch of people.

Comment

I'm not to familiar with Miami Dade, is that the city next to Miami? How is the salary compared to cost of living there?

Comment

Originally posted by EricDel View Post
        I'm not to familiar with Miami Dade, is that the city next to Miami?
        Miami-Dade is the County.

Comment

Miami isn't as expensive as you think....maybe because I've lived in NYC my entire life, and now living in Miami..its super cheap..go to a large department like the county...more room for mobility..don't go somewhere where its like the size of a small classroom..**** off the wrong person..you're done..

Comment

Orlando PD And Orange County are....They both cut back for a bit but they are now again. If i was you i would try OPD. They get paid pertty good

Comment

City of Fort Lauderdale, City of West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Co. Sheriff, Broward Sheriff

Comment

Jso

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office

http://www.joinjso.com

Comment

Is there any word is Orlando will continue to sponsor people? I heard somewhere on here that they were in a hiring freeze...

Comment

HCSO is the only agency that is sponsoring in the bay area. You gotta get through the 2 week boot camp, but they are top notch and very squared away.

And avoid St Pete like a plague
                    sigpic

Comment

Haha it seems like everyone says avoid St. Pete. I was originally earlier this year going to go there and then try and transfer to Tampa but I have not read one single good thing about St. Pete anywhere on ANY forum.

Comment

FHP is sponsoring with a two year contract.
                        It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

Really just looking for city policing not highway patrols, but thanks for the info anyway.

Comment

Look into the south Florida area. I looked in Florida at one point and pretty much every agency in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties was sponsoring through the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by RM2441 View Post
                              Look into the south Florida area. I looked in Florida at one point and pretty much every agency in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties was sponsoring through the academy.
                              due to state budget cuts and the dismal job market here in FL, there are fewer agencies that will sponsor when there are plenty of certified applicants trying to get hired.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5885 users online. 334 members and 5551 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X