300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i crazy???

Am i crazy for contemplating going to work for FHP over HCSO?
    whenever i see an fhp cruiser i think twice about working at another agency.
    Last edited by pyro2; 09-09-2008, 09:24 PM.

It's the sexy cars they drive! Happens to me too

Why not apply to both?? Just in case you fail (hopefully you don't) a poly or psych with one.

Comment

Originally posted by pyro2 View Post
      Am i crazy for contemplating going to work for FHP over HCSO?
      whenever i see an fhp cruiser i think twice about working at another agency.

LOL. People tell me that I'm crazy for wanting to work for FHP. I have a degree and they tell me to go elsewhere, where I'll be appreciated. But I WANT to be a Trooper. I'm fully aware of the current situation FHP is in. However it has always been a goal of mine to work for a Highway Patrol agency.

Most people who apply to FHP are as they say, "chasing a dream." If you want to be a Trooper, go for it. Remember, once you're certified and finished with the two year contract they have (I think it's two years) you can go elsewhere.

But like ERMDPD said, apply to both...or even more places. Although I'm ahead in the process with FHP, I've got active apps/files elsewhere.

Oh yeah, and those Black and Tan cars are mean lookin'!!!

Good Luck!

It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

Lol

I must admit, our cars look good, and wait till you see the new chargers up close and personal. Also, our hats really compliment our entire set up (car, uniform, etc). I always wear it and keep my car clean. Presence makes a difference when you are on the side of the road.
        But, on a more serious note, if what you want is to be a trooper for the car, you better sit back and take a look at the whole picture again. The car thing will eventually wear off after a while. The job is great and you will enjoy it. But remember you will make starting pay unless legislators give us a good pay raise...

Comment

I say send your app. wherever you have a thought to get in... I have apps with several Depts and tests pending - First Dept who comes through gets me... even if it is not my first choice at that time - i might fall in love with the dept and not want to leave - but maybe ill stay - get my exp and move on to FHP or some where else.. I say hit up both!!
          All is 10-61 here you can show me 10-8!

Comment

i think you have my angle mixed up...its not the car that makes me want the job...it is the initial draw that i had to the department up until i did my research and found the condition the troopers are left with.

Comment

Yes. Yes you are.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5508 users online. 307 members and 5201 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X