Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the Agility tests and swim...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Agility tests and swim...

Since I postponed my tests for this coming Saturday, I've given myself an extra 5 days to think about these things...lol.

For the 1/2 mile run and the swim, are they pass/fail, or do they take into account your time? I could run a 800 meters with no problem, but I could also "RUN" the 800 if I have to... so should I go with the motions or try to kill the time?

Same goes with the swim... I could really push it or I could go with the motions.

The way I look at it, if I kill the times it can't hurt -I was just wondering if it will help.

On another note, how was the weather yesterday? Should I have gone? Would I have been able to take the tests?

Thanks guys,
    -I

It is my understanding that the PAT is a pass/fail test.

At least that is how it was when I took it.

Comment

Good to know... thanks!

Comment

On the Swim Test your feet cannot touch the bottom of the pool or you'll be DQ.

Come on down....just a bit windy out here.
        It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

Run = Pass/Fail. Nobody cares about the time so just pace yourself and finish. You dont want burn yourself out finishing in 1 min and then be dead tired on the obstacle course.

Swim = Pass/Fail as well. Same advice as above. If you kick it into high gear you may wear yourself out quickly. If you swim often you'll be much better off, but for those who don't swim that often, trying to do it in pants can take a toll.

Comment

Last question... is the pool 50M long, or 25? In other words, do you have to do a lap (back and forth) or is it one length?

I'll be on a plane at 8:30 tonight... cant wait to get this over with.

Comment

When I took the test it was a lap (there and back).

It is NOT a big deal if you know how to swim. I swam the test in a pants and a polo shirt...

If I remember correctly it was from the width to width not the length of the pool.

Comment

Thanks... I'm not too worried, just want to get the logistics in my head so I know what I'm in for. I'm wearing a tshirt and khakis. Swam some laps in the same clothes so I know what to expect.

Some people here advise against paying the extra $15 for the CJBAT study guide. I know it's pretty easy, but I bought it, and knowing the format of the test and the styles of the questions is a sure confidence booster, know what I mean?

-I

Comment

swim

if you have a tight t-shirt wear that and some light wind pants.. it is easier then jeans and heavy clothing. same as above take your time on the two laps around the track.. there is no one there timing you and keeping track of your time.. if you wanna impress anyone do it on the course.. you can jog through it and get 1:25 it is not that big a deal i do not think.. good luck man
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
                  Proversb 3:5

Comment

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

:53 seconds on the swim, 3:34 on the 1/2 mile run, and 1:25 on the course. I get my CJBAT scores Thursday morning, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

-I

Comment

Originally posted by IvanTheTerrible View Post
                      Thanks for all the help, everyone.

:53 seconds on the swim, 3:34 on the 1/2 mile run, and 1:25 on the course. I get my CJBAT scores Thursday morning, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

-I
                      how was the swim test? is it timed? To be honest Im not a great swimmer but I can swim, thats the only think I'm kind of worring about. Let me know how was it thanks.

Comment

You have 2 minutes to swim 1 lap with pants and a shirt on. 1 lap is two lengths... so you go from point a to point b, then back to point a. It's not so bad, but the instructer told me stories about people who barely made it, and some who didnt... if you can swim, you'll be okay.

If I were you, I would definately jump in a pool with clothes on so you can get a feel for the difference in weight. You're in FL, so that souldnt be a problem.

Comment

92% on the CJBAT! Woo hoo!!

Comment

Congratz! Have you decided where you want to apply yet?

Comment

Originally posted by IvanTheTerrible View Post
                              You have 2 minutes to swim 1 lap with pants and a shirt on
                              It's timed? I wonder if they have always timed it. When I took it last year I don't remember the Instructors stating a time frame.

Congrats on your scores!
                              It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3905 users online. 278 members and 3627 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X