Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I be worried about Monday's weather?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be worried about Monday's weather?

I'm flying in from Jersey to take the Swim, PAT, and CJBAT on Monday. Because anxieties about the tests themselves aren't enough, the weather forcast for Monday calls for Thunder showers and 90 degrees. Should I be worried about the tests being canceled?

I would call them because there is a possibility of a cat 3 hurricane(possibly larger) showing up here in so florida, although that might not happen, I would contact them just in case it does and see if they will be giving people time off to prepare for the storm
    I hope to one day wear the Brown Uniform and Im not talking about UPS

Comment

I would call too, I'm going to bet that Broward county schools, including BCC close.

Comment

Looks like the storm may be here Tues or Wed as of right now.

Comment

for sure ? I hear crazy talk about alpha and bravo coming up

Comment

Originally posted by damode View Post
            for sure ? I hear crazy talk about alpha and bravo coming up
            ALPHA/BRAVO starts on monday......CHA CHING $$$$$$$

Comment

Yeh, we've already been told alpha bravo starts mon 0600. If we even get just rain from a tropical storm, they call us all in just to get all the manpower and having the feds pay for it.
              Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

I rescheduled for next Saturday... too much of a risk.

Thanks everyone.
                -I

Comment

Good luck Ivan

Comment

Probably a good idea that you re-sched. When i did my PAT at BCC it just sprinkled a little w/o lightning or thunder and they moved everyone inside to see how long it would last. Only lasted a few moments (typical FL weather i hear), but they would not continue the test even in a light drizzle (understandable).

Good luck on the tests. If you're doing it at BCC you can look below for some pointers, if NOT at BCC then I can't help ya:

Swim can be harder than you think, bring very thin pants, like a pair of thin cotton beach pants or something. They dont check to make sure you have a certain "thread", but just make sure you're wearing something resembling pants. Also be sure to have your Dr clearance note with you on that date. If you're a decent swimmer and not 40 lbs over-weight you should be ok, but it disqualified about 5-6 from the group because they couldn't hack it.

The PAT isn't difficult either. Pushing a car is simple, the .5 mile is easy (plenty of time, but dont blow everything at the start, pace yourself if you dont run often), and the actual obstacle course is very easy. There is a 6 ft wall that intimidates a lot of people. If you're not tall 5'10+ or haven't scaled a wall that size in a while, i would recommend you try it before the test. The key to getting over that wall is to use your feet to push yourself up.. They'll show you how to do it correctly and give you a ridiculous amounts of tries to do if you fail, but DON'T SKIP IT! They allow you to skip 1 of 2 parts of the overall 10 or so in the course. Either the wall or monkey bars. IF you skip the wall, especially w/o trying you have already hurt yourself. Quite a few ppl when i did mine, skipped the wall without even trying and then failed on the bars, which dq'ed them period. Try the wall...then you skip the bars if you wish w/o penalty.

The CJBAT is a cakewalk if you've got some common sense. Nothing on there is difficult, but they take time. Be patient, take your time and dont skip through stuff because it appears easy. There's plenty of threads talking about what to expect on the CJBAT so I wont go there, but breath, take your time, and use your head.

Good luck! (sorry i broke into an essay lol)

Comment

Awesome post, man. Thanks for the info. I'm not really too nervous about the physical stuff - I swam plenty of laps with clothes on and I was okay, my .5 mile is under 3:30, but the obstacle course seems a little intimidating by the pictures on the booklet. Everybody says it's easy, though, so it makes me feel better. As for the written, I bought the study guide... $15 for piece of mind is priceless, if you ask me.

Thanks again... Saturday is my day, and of course the forecast calls for "isolated thunder storms..."

-I

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4679 users online. 316 members and 4363 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X