300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCSO Next Month!

I plan on applying with HCSO next month when i turn 21. Anyone going through the hiring process have any tips or feedback on how it is? Anyone currently working there know if they are hiring much still or any tips for me? I plan on getting some referrals soon, as well as some from people i know who work at HCSO.

Thanks in advance!
    (tone: extremely anxious and nervous!)

As a former recruit, I can tell you that HCSO is extremely picky in there selections. If you dont have a 4 year degree or military experience do not waste your time or theirs. I know that sounds harsh but it is the truth.

The process will start with a County application. They will then assign you a PIN. The Pin will be used to access thier full background application. You will be contacted by an BI (Background Investigator) within a couple of weeks. They will go over you application line by line. They will then set you up with a Polygraph date and a PAT (Physical Abilities Test) date. At the PAT, you will be asked to do as many push-ups and sit-ups as you can do in 1 minute. There is not a minimum number to qualify you. They will then ask you to run a mile and a half. Again, there is not a minimum time to do this in. However, if you walk during the run, it will be noticed and documented. Then there is the 100 yard swim. Take your time, the swim isnt even timed. They just want to see if you can do it. After that you will go up against the poly. Dont lie, thats about all I can tell you. If all that goes well you have to do a board review, neiborhood survey, in-house interview, psych test, another poly, and an extreme physical. Then you start boot camp!!! AKA SOT (Sheriff's Office Training). This is a 2 week para-military style residential training program.

Like I said, make sure you have a 4, not 2, year degree or military experience. There is a lot of obstacles to deal with. It would suck to go through all of that, and not get selected. However, HCSO is one of, if not the, best SO in the state. The journey is long, but is well worth it. Hope this helped....Good Luck!!!!

sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors
    In GOD we trust, everyone else we run on Tele!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ten4 View Post
      As a former recruit, I can tell you that HCSO is extremely picky in there selections. If you dont have a 4 year degree or military experience do not waste your time or theirs. I know that sounds harsh but it is the truth.

The process will start with a County application. They will then assign you a PIN. The Pin will be used to access thier full background application. You will be contacted by an BI (Background Investigator) within a couple of weeks. They will go over you application line by line. They will then set you up with a Polygraph date and a PAT (Physical Abilities Test) date. At the PAT, you will be asked to do as many push-ups and sit-ups as you can do in 1 minute. There is not a minimum number to qualify you. They will then ask you to run a mile and a half. Again, there is not a minimum time to do this in. However, if you walk during the run, it will be noticed and documented. Then there is the 100 yard swim. Take your time, the swim isnt even timed. They just want to see if you can do it. After that you will go up against the poly. Dont lie, thats about all I can tell you. If all that goes well you have to do a board review, neiborhood survey, in-house interview, psych test, another poly, and an extreme physical. Then you start boot camp!!! AKA SOT (Sheriff's Office Training). This is a 2 week para-military style residential training program.

Like I said, make sure you have a 4, not 2, year degree or military experience. There is a lot of obstacles to deal with. It would suck to go through all of that, and not get selected. However, HCSO is one of, if not the, best SO in the state. The journey is long, but is well worth it. Hope this helped....Good Luck!!!!

I know several people who got hired with just 60 credits and no military, so it certainly isn't impossible.

Comment

Although it is is helpful to have military or a four year degree you do not need them to get selected. 60 credits will do. Remember it is a combination of things they are looking for such as life exp, maturity, and how well you performed on your prior job(s). I know people that applied and had military and or Masters degrees that did not make it past the review boards. Sure they are very selective and that is due to the HIGH VOLUME of applicants they recieve each week!

Comment

Originally posted by Ten4 View Post

I agree with 10-4. As for the Colleg degree, the minimum is only 60 so you will be fine if you only possess this. If all other areas are ok then you should have nothing to worry about. BTW SOT STARTS MONDAY!!!! Ill keep you guys updated!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2694 users online. 141 members and 2553 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X