Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck / Introduction

What's up guys,
    I've been reading these forums for a few weeks now and have learned a great deal about what it takes to become a Law Enforcement Officer in Florida. Thanks to all who take time away from their schedules to help and guide those looking to get into this field.

As for me, I currently live in New Jersey and am working to relocate to South Florida. I'll be traveling down to Broward Community College to take the CJBAT, Swim and PAT tests this weekend so I'm pretty excited... wish me luck.

Before you sent applications out, did any of you visit the recruiters at any of the departments you were interested in applying for? I'm going to be down there for a few days and wanted to drop by some of the stations to meet people, but if it isn't common practice, or if it's frowned upon I obviously won't.

Thanks again for all your help, and I look forward to working with some of you in the near future.

Contact Sgt. Wesolowski if your looking at BSO.

e-mail is [email protected] hopefully that helps.

Comment

Is it true recruiters visit Broward College while testing is going on?

Comment

yeah Ivan....I just made the trip down from NJ to Florida I'm in the Broward Academy right now...PM me if you need anything

Comment

Originally posted by IvanTheTerrible View Post
          Is it true recruiters visit Broward College while testing is going on?
          I don't know anything other than the recruiter to contact, I met her when I went to the public safety building.

Comment

So here we go again... I am scheduled to fly out tomorrow night into Miami and go take the tests at 7:30AM on Saturday at the IPS in Broward College... wish me luck!
            Last edited by IvanTheTerrible; 09-11-2008, 09:36 AM. Reason: missed a word

Comment

Good luck!
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ivan, when I was there taking the PAT there were Recruiters present from BSO and Lauderhill PD.

I think your idea is good about dropping by some departments....just ask to speak to a Recruiter or any available BI. If you're in town long enough, try to schedule a ride-along somewhere.

Good Luck!

It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4944 users online. 266 members and 4678 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X