300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those trying to get certified

To all of the certified and noncertified officers in the state of Florida I finally passed my State exam that was given last Wednesday. It took me three times to pass it. I initially went through the Law Enforcement Review course at Lake Tech Institute of Public Safety in May and took the exam in Tallahassee in May. I failed that test miserably, all 13 objectives were listed that I fell 80% in. I studied and studied and signed up for the test in June at the Prime Osborne Center. I felt real confident about this one, I went home and said to myself, I made it this time, I logged on online and put my social in and failed again. I said what is going on, I decided to do the review in Tallahassee. I took the review in August and you sit in this class for two hours and look at every wrong answer that you answered incorrectly. I missed 56 question, so I missed it by ten. It was ten easy question, and I felt terrible, because the questions that were missed I knew the answers too. And I said why did I put that for, and just beat myself up. You can take notes inside, but cant take anything out with you. When I left and went to my car I wrote down every single question, all 56 of the one that were wrong. I studied those questions over and over and over. I just reviewed the other objectives. Because I told myself, this is it and I have to pass this time. But it is not the end of the world though, but I wanted it bad. Before I left for Deland, FL I prayed to God, and when I arrived there, I prayed again. I went to sign in and I was seated, and I prayed again. The administers went over there spill, and said you may now begin the test. I opened that test and was just going through it like it wasnt nothing, maybe because I had taken it so many times. I was done in one hour and forty five minutes. And the first two times that I had taken me all four hours to complete. I felt confident about this one, about 45 of those 56 questions were on the test. And when I recongized the question, I saw the answer. I took the next two hours going over my answers and didnt change anything and turned it in. Feeling real good, about this one. And the wait began, I logged online Friday and the results weren't up yet. And I had a friend of mine to check lastnight and he said I had passed, and I couldnt believe it. But it aint over yet, I still have to get hired, but at least that pressure is done. The moral to the story is if you failed twice take the review/challenge to see what you did wrong. I noticed about the test there were two answers on the test, you have to find the one that FDLE wants, and not the one you think is best. The review class helped me out, and it might and will help some of you trying to get certified.

Congrats on passing and good luck with the hiring process. It is a long process, but you will be happy in the end when it's finally over. Until you change agencies and start the whole thing over, but don't worry about that yet!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats - and there are alot of Depts hiring so you should be in business soon - I have a few counties that will start the process of hire with a letter from the academy that you are attending so as soon as that letter comes next week I am all over it!!

I plan on taking any review course - study hall or whatever I can for this State Exam ...thanks for the heads up.
        All is 10-61 here you can show me 10-8!

Comment

Well done sir!
          It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

Just out of curiousity, is there a practice State Exam online that one can take?

Comment

Congrats, God bless!

Comment

To everyone who congradulated me on passing the exam thank you so much. And for the advice also, I have a long way to go still. At least the hardest part is done and now I can focus on getting hired. FHP told me that the next academy that I may be able to attend being certified is going to be in September. I can't wait that long, so Clay County, St. Johns County, Gainesville, I am just going to get online and just look around at different agencies. I know alot of agencies are hiring, and alot are on hiring freezes like St. Johns county.

Comment

Hey guys make sure you study and not find yourself in a position like me having to take the exam over and over trying to pass it on your third and last try. It's a feeling you dont want. I wouldnt want anyone to go through what I went through. It is alot of information and the review course doesnt go over alot of the information. The CD has so much information the books dont have. You have to prepare yourself for this test everyone, some say its easy and common sense. Well some people dont have common sense and it wasnt easy to me, if it were I would have passed it on my first try. Some people who have been through the academy hands on have taken three tries to pass. But its all good though, you guys be safe and if there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
                  Last edited by cadillac01; 09-05-2008, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Wow.. Congrats!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3492 users online. 144 members and 3348 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X