Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida / out-of-state training

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by grd2326; 11-19-2011, 11:58 AM.
    "work harder ... millions on welfare depend on you"

Most agencies down here will process you still even without being FL certified. I believe you have to be FL certified within 6 months or something after being hired down here. The EOT FL cert course is only like two weeks long and some agencies will pay for it and send you to if after you're hired. I believe my department does. You'll just have to decide where you want to apply and do some research. Good luck to you.

Comment

Take A Look At Indian River Community College. Back In '06/99 I Found It To Be Shorter (2 Weeks Long) And Cheaper Than Other South Florida Community Colleges. The Staff Back Then Were Very Helpful And Seemed To Go Out Of Their Way To Help Me Get Down There. Good Luck.

Comment

I took the EOT course at Chipola College (in Marianna, Fl) and it was one week long. Here in Tallahassee, Pat Thomas Law Enforcement was over $1K and two weeks long. Needless to say, but it was worth the drive.

http://www.chipola.edu/instruct/rivi...quivalency.htm
        illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Gulf Coast Community College in Panama City. 2 week course every other month....was reasonable in '98

Comment

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by grd2326; 11-19-2011, 11:59 AM.
            "work harder ... millions on welfare depend on you"

Comment

Each college is different as far as EOT goes. I also went through Chipolla which was the cheapest and shortest anywhere in the state. You're not going through this class to learn anything, you should already know how to be a cop being certified in another state. All this class does is cover FDLE's butt by saying you showed proficiency in all the high liability areas (DT, first-aid, firearms, driving). Upon successful completion, you are then able to take the state exam to get your certification. Most of the classes in excess of 40 hours are all test prep. Good for some, waste of time for others. Either way, you will be given all the material needed to study for the test.
              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158610 users online. 148 members and 158462 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X