X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Noob
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2008

**Polygragh Test**

So here it is, I finally made it to the point where I had to take the Poly and after about 45 mins or so of going over my application and background information I was called in to take the actual test. I completely told the truth on my application even listing that I tried marijuana ONE time when I was like 19 which was about about thirteen years ago. I answered all of the questions 100% honest and was not nervouse at all since I was not hiding anything. The test was about 20 min or so and when it was over I was told that there was one question of concern reguarding the drug use. I do not think they believed I only tried "weed" once and possibly were looking for some kind of confession that I may have tried it more than the one time I stated. Is it common for them to do such a thing even if you answered the truth to see if they could get more out of you??? I hate this now, I am going to lose sleep over this and it bothers me since I spoke the truth.
  • MeNaCe305
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2007

Speaking the truth alone should give you a clear concience. Don't worry about that too much, if you have listed throughout your application that you have smoked marijuana one time then your honesty is justified. The polygraph test is the worst and most inaccurate thing known to man. They will do one of two things, pass you or call you back for another test. Patience is the key throughout the entire police process, trust me i know, i was DQ'd by both MPD and MDPD but it was a year ago and i was only 19. Give it time, you'll get a phone call soon.

Comment

• ERMDPD
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MeNaCe305
      Speaking the truth alone should give you a clear concience. Don't worry about that too much, if you have listed throughout your application that you have smoked marijuana one time then your honesty is justified. The polygraph test is the worst and most inaccurate thing known to man. They will do one of two things, pass you or call you back for another test. Patience is the key throughout the entire police process, trust me i know, i was DQ'd by both MPD and MDPD but it was a year ago and i was only 19. Give it time, you'll get a phone call soon.
      Actually... besides the stuff I've read on here... Every one I know that has failed the poly, lied on it & got caught. I don't know of any one that beat the system. Every one I know that told the truth, passed.

I was pretty nervous when I took it. I guess because I had never taken one before and the lady wanted me to do things her way. I didn't lie about any thing & passed.

Comment

• Jester9
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by ERMDPD
        Actually... besides the stuff I've read on here... Every one I know that has failed the poly, lied on it & got caught. I don't know of any one that beat the system. Every one I know that told the truth, passed.

I was pretty nervous when I took it. I guess because I had never taken one before and the lady wanted me to do things her way. I didn't lie about any thing & passed.
        I know people who have lied and beat the polygraph. Remember, the poly doesn't measure whether you're lying or not, it measures if you're a good liar or not.

Noob, which department did you apply for?

Comment

• ERMDPD
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Jester9
          I know people who have lied and beat the polygraph. Remember, the poly doesn't measure whether you're lying or not, it measures if you're a good liar or not.
          Noob, which department did you apply for?
          Oh I know people have beat the system and passed the poly lying. I said I don't know (personally) some one that has done it.

Comment

• Noob
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2008

Thanks for your feedback, I am not going to let it bother me, I answered all of the questions honestly and I am sure they will call me.

Comment

• ERMDPD
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2008

What department was this for? I believe MDPD lets you appeal polys.

Comment

• MeNaCe305
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2007

most do i believe...just not the psych

Comment

• jigsaw457
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2007

What dept was this poly for Noob?
                  Last edited by jigsaw457; 05-31-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• BLmiami
                    MDPD Hopeful
                    • Jul 2008

The LDT is a Farce and always has been, it does weed out the ones that are obviously trying to hide something most of the times, but a lot of people who are hiding things pass without a problem. There seems to be a lot of people who tell the truth and get accused of lying or come back inconclusive .. I know a woman that when she was asked her name, and she replied yes, it came back she was lying, go figure... they use it to cover their arse, that way they can say we asked so and so and he/she said no

LDT Is hit and miss and thats the reason why its inadmissible in a court of law, too many people can fool it
                    I hope to one day wear the Brown Uniform and Im not talking about UPS

Comment

• sention
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ERMDPD
                      There is no "system" behind it. The polygraph is proven junk science. It is not accurate at all and can be beaten quite easily with countermeasures.

Google it.
                      BLE 262
                      City of Miami

Comment

• livestrong6
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2006

The Polygraph test measures changes in Heart rate, pulse, blood pressure and breathing patterns. Any major changes in these measurements brings on red flags of possibly trying to lie. If someone is extremely nervous the machine can be adjusted for the excited state. however, it can give off false readings and you can fail the test.

Comment

• BOSMIA
                          Forum Member
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by sention
                          There is no "system" behind it. The polygraph is proven junk science. It is not accurate at all and can be beaten quite easily with countermeasures.

Google it.
                          I agree. I know many who failed some and passed some and told the same truthful answeres on each. Crazy...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17127 users online. 24 members and 17103 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...