300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice!

Any certain areas to study for the state officer exam under the old CMS?!

do you have any other info about the test?

It's really tough to say. I would definitely be familiar with First Aid. Knowing your vehicle ops including the inspection parts couldn't hurt as well.

There are 3 versions of the test as I understand and they cycle each month. You never know which one you will get unless you talk to people from the previous two months.

I think the 3 versions focus heavily on different areas with there being a majority of questions on a topic for each version of the test.

Good luck.
    Jeff

:< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

Comment

When I took it, I did notice a lot of First Responder questions, as Jethro already stated. My classmates also commented on the same thing.

It's not a terribly difficult test, given that you have studied and know your material. It's about as difficult at the tests at the academy.

Good luck.

Comment

I took it in June, and when I went through the EOT all the instructors thought I was nuts taking the exam right after the EOT, but I did take the two day test prep, which helped ALOT. I took the EOT at Brevard CC. They told me I should have studied for a few months before trying it, so I was worried to say the least. The recruiters from various depts said, "we expect out of state officers to fail" but don't worry, you get three shots at it.

Even on test day, a female officer from Largo PD looked name up on the list, and saw I was out of state certified, and asked if I studied as she handed me the exam...after hearing this for two weeks, I said, "as much as I could", and she shook her head. I was worried that's for sure. I saw alot of crimes against elderly...how to treat mentally ill persons, vehicle ops, alot of use of force and defensive tactics stuff. If you need a study guide and CD of course material, pm me. Good luck. You know, they say it's 80% fail rate for us out of staters.....don't pay any attention to that, as I found common sense helped me pass it, and I am a HORRIBLE test taker.

Comment

State exam

I took it in June, and when I went through the EOT all the instructors thought I was nuts taking the exam right after the EOT, but I did take the two day test prep, which helped ALOT. I took the EOT at Brevard CC. They told me I should have studied for a few months before trying it, so I was worried to say the least. The recruiters from various depts said, "we expect out of state officers to fail" but don't worry, you get three shots at it.

Even on test day, a female officer from Largo PD looked name up on the list, and saw I was out of state certified, and asked if I studied as she handed me the exam...after hearing this for two weeks, I said, "as much as I could", and she shook her head. I was worried that's for sure. I saw alot of crimes against elderly...how to treat mentally ill persons, vehicle ops, alot of use of force and defensive tactics stuff. If you need a study guide and CD of course material, pm me. Good luck. You know, they say it's 80% fail rate for us out of staters.....don't pay any attention to that, as I found common sense helped me pass it, and I am a HORRIBLE test taker.

Comment

sorry for the double post, internet went goofy on me

Comment

You know, they say it's 80% fail rate for us out of starters....
              Who told you that? When I took my EOT at Chipola, they told us it was an 82% pass rate.

The test isn't hard. If you have a general idea of how the law works and you have a brain in your head, you'll pass. You'll have to know some specific Florida info, but nothing a quick run down of a practice exam won't show you. I'd say that those who would have the hardest time would be recruits as there was a lot of prac app stuff on the exam that only officers would have really run into. You can also challenge questions at the end. About ten of the questions on the exam were vague to me. As such I wrote explanations on how multiple answers could be correct based on training, law, etc. Challenging questions is a good way to get a higher score by getting a question thrown out. I took mine back in February. If I can be of any assistance, let me know.

Comment

does anybody have any practice exams to work with. Im taking my eot next month thinking that might help

Comment

I PASSSSED! thanks for all the info

Comment

congrats, and where are you going to be applying?

Comment

i think me and starsky took the same test in tampa lol! Glad to hear u passed as did i.

Comment

Must have..

Good to hear someone else passed too....I was sweating it thinking if I didn't, that it was just more money to spend to go all the way back down there....hows the job search going? I gotta wait till I have some more vacation time to come back and interview in Brevard County....or I am looking into Lee too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5875 users online. 322 members and 5553 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X