300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Investigator Meeting

I am to meet with my BI this Tuesday for OCSO. I guess I am pretty much done with background and was curious about what generally goes on during these meetings. Anybody, especially those who have been through the OCSO process, have any idea? Thanks!

When I met with my BI I got finger printed (sent to FBI), she reviewed my original application & asked if any thing had changed since I applied. Then she asked if I had any questions which I did (about academy start date) and we talked for about 10-15mins. My BI was pretty cool.

Comment

If your BI has already been doing your background, then this is probably what's known as a discrepancy interview. Your BI will have a list of things he came up with during the background that don't make sense, contradict what you put in your package or just need clarification. This is fairly routine as there are some things in an applicant's history that only the applicant can help piece together. When I did backgrounds I might have had a list of 10 to 20 things for a discrepancy interview . Most were minor and were cleared up with a 10 second answer from the applicant.

Unless your BI discovered something major in your history, you should be ok.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        If your BI has already been doing your background, then this is probably what's known as a discrepancy interview. Your BI will have a list of things he came up with during the background that don't make sense, contradict what you put in your package or just need clarification. This is fairly routine as there are some things in an applicant's history that only the applicant can help piece together. When I did backgrounds I might have had a list of 10 to 20 things for a discrepancy interview . Most were minor and were cleared up with a 10 second answer from the applicant.

Unless your BI discovered something major in your history, you should be ok.
        Yeah, I guess that is pretty much what it was. He asked me to clarify some things and then asked me some interview questions. I was in and out in about 20 minutes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3049 users online. 144 members and 2905 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X