300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brevard County SO

Looking for anyone on the forums employed by the Brevard County Sheriff's Office that could pass on some information about the current working conditions of the department, such as typical patrol day. Interested in applying for the department if I can convince my wife to move to Florida, although it most likely won't be for another year. Currently a certified officer from Maine.
    Thanks in advance for any information.

--PS. Before you post "use the search button". I tried that and mostly got older posts with limited information, and most posts were "why work for them, come work for ? department they are better" type posts.
    Last edited by ruraldeputy; 08-21-2008, 10:59 PM.

i do not work for BCSO but it is an election year and everyone seems happy with sheriff parker. they have four districts north, south east and west. they have good equipment and decent pay for the area.

the neighborhoods to buy a house in are suntree and viera just for a heads up.

i live in brevard county and i like it a lot. plenty of northerns and decent places to eat at so you won't miss home so much. i'm from the northeast originally also.

anything else you can PM me.
    "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

NOW is a real good time to find property to buy, because if it is not under water it more then likely will never be. HAHAHA TSFAY HUMOR.

I have a lot of friends with the SO and they love it. Good luck and welcome to the area.
      Me in the Sunshine State

10-8store.com

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do. That is character!"

Comment

Originally posted by ruraldeputy View Post
        Looking for anyone on the forums employed by the Brevard County Sheriff's Office that could pass on some information about the current working conditions of the department, such as typical patrol day. Interested in applying for the department if I can convince my wife to move to Florida, although it most likely won't be for another year. Currently a certified officer from Maine.
        Thanks in advance for any information.

--PS. Before you post "use the search button". I tried that and mostly got older posts with limited information, and most posts were "why work for them, come work for ? department they are better" type posts.
        current sheriff jack parker and i have know each other for 25 yrs,
        we worked together 83 to 86, he was 21 i was 23, it can be a good progressive agency, but the county commission like it was 25 yrs ago
        are a bunch of cheap skate republicans who would rather give money to
        a golf course than to give deputy's a raise.

single not married..............5 star's
        married with a child............7 star's
        raising a family.....schools, quality of life...( florida sucks )
        weather.....................8 stars
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Agree with the rest

I have friends that are in the sherriff's office and they all have pretty much the same sentiment as the other responses. They enjoy working for Parker and say its a good group.

Florida is nice and the Brevard County area is nice too. There is plenty to do and if not then you still got Daytona and Orlando close by. If you decide to make the move, I can recommend another friend of mine that is a Realtor that grew up in the area.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3089 users online. 183 members and 2906 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X