Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front Window Tint

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Front Window Tint

    I Have Seen A Few Cars And Trucks With The Front Window Tinted. I Was Wondering Is This Illegal As Well What Happens To Someone With ThIER Front Windows Tinted? Then What Reasons And Who?
    Last edited by smokey22; 08-18-2008, 08:57 PM.

  • #2
    It's illegal. You will be issued a citation for it & have to take it off.

    Only certain people can have it tinted (i forgot the exact reason) it's for medical reasons I think it had to do with glare of lights.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by smokey22 View Post
      I Have Seen A Few Cars And Trucks With The Front Window Tinted. I Was Wondering Is This Illegal As Well What Happens To Someone With ThIER Front Windows Tinted? Then What Reasons And Who?

      Wow
      It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ChRdy21799 View Post
        Wow
        Agreed
        Jeff

        :< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

        Comment


        • #5
          No tint or opaque material below the AS-1 line on windshield. Driver (front side windows, driver/pass side) windows 28% and rear passenger (back doors on 4dr or fixed windows on 2 dr) windows 15%.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ChRdy21799 View Post
            Wow
            x2....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by scannerson View Post
              x2....
              YUP!!! LOL...

              Comment


              • #8
                No clue what you just said... but uhh yeah it's allowed but not below 28%. In reality, most people won't get stopped until it's down below 10%

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by StudChris View Post
                  No clue what you just said... but uhh yeah it's allowed but not below 28%. In reality, most people won't get stopped until it's down below 10%
                  Your saying that 28% higher on windshield is allowed or any where else on the vehicle other than the windshield?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by smokey22 View Post
                    I Have Seen A Few Cars And Trucks With The Front Window Tinted. I Was Wondering Is This Illegal As Well What Happens To Someone With ThIER Front Windows Tinted? Then What Reasons And Who?
                    FS 316.2952(2)

                    Ticket. Non-moving.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Our CST and Drug Task Force team have their front windshields tinted on their vehicles.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The only vehicles that can legally have tint below 28 on front or 15 on the back is unmarked vehicles or K9 vehicles. You can't have any tint below the AS1 line on the windshield... you can have anything you want on the back.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bhipd3406 View Post
                          Our CST and Drug Task Force team have their front windshields tinted on their vehicles.
                          Gotta love CST

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            All of the Leos I spoke to from Miami Beach to Palm Beach said they really couldn't care less about the stupid tint. The only time they might ticket for tint is if they stop the car for something else.

                            With all the crime going on 24/7 here in Florida I doubt any Leo is going to bother anyone for some stupid tint. If they did they would have to stop every other car on I-95,826,836,869,Turnpike,and on every single surface street from Jacksonville to Key West. I must see at least 100 cars a day with limo tint all around.

                            With cars going 90MPH on the interstates and houses and businesses getting robbed daily I would say the Leos already have a full plate.

                            I just got from Atlanta and over half of the patrol cars I saw had on my trip had darker tint then the law allows. Who cares.

                            There are more things to worry about in Florida then tint.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by StudChris View Post
                              The only vehicles that can legally have tint below 28 on front or 15 on the back is unmarked vehicles or K9 vehicles. You can't have any tint below the AS1 line on the windshield... you can have anything you want on the back.
                              Lupus with Dr's note is the other exemption...

                              And, as with all other traffic enforcement not conducted, it leads to other problems. Illegal window tint is an issue due to decreased visibility at night, in inclement weather and, most importantly, our ability to see in during a 10-50.
                              Last edited by PB3021; 08-19-2008, 08:52 PM.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6229 users online. 346 members and 5883 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X