300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Agency Info.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent size departments in Florida outside of the Miami, Dade Co. and lower Florida area, that do not require Florida certification, or certification period before applying and being considered? I am 48, live in SC and am just trying to enter a career in law enforcement. I have applied recently to Miami and just wondering about others. You can pm me if you prefer. Thanks alot!

Ft Lauderdale will just abot hire anyone with a clean record, and they will pay your way through the acadamy. The pay has gone up to "average", but you get a take home when you complete FTO wich is a pay raise in its self. Morale ia bad, but city elections aren'tfar awayand it has the potential to be on top again in a few years.
    Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Thanks for the info. Are you w/them? Why is moral bad? I'm not too worried about pay as an issue. No matter where I go I will have to reduce my salary a lot. I am just determined to do this, as when I was younger, I let work, marriage, kids, etc. allow me to put this on the back burner. I've had no one discourage me because of age. I just want to land somewhere that I will stay until I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by 355339 View Post
        Ft Lauderdale will just abot hire anyone with a clean record, and they will pay your way through the acadamy. The pay has gone up to "average", but you get a take home when you complete FTO wich is a pay raise in its self. Morale ia bad, but city elections aren'tfar awayand it has the potential to be on top again in a few years.
        Lucky! Most departments (like MDPD) you have to finish your one year probation!

Comment

Originally posted by ERMDPD View Post
          Lucky! Most departments (like MDPD) you have to finish your one year probation!
          That's the way it used to be, but they are so desperate to hire people, they do it to attract more applicants.
          Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Originally posted by 355339 View Post
            Hmmm... they'll hire anyone with a clean record and scores at least a 90 on their CJBAT and do well in oral boards. I'm glad that even though they need people, they're not lowering their standards...

As far as the person who asked about the morale issue... it's mostly due to the crappy city manager who likes to micro manage the PD and the crappy city councel that is anti-PD.

But as stated, elections are coming up and hopefully it'll change... but not likely...
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Oh, and all Broward agencies pay you while you're in the academy.
              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3087 users online. 183 members and 2904 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X