300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCSO Detention Deputies

Really entertaining the idea of pursuing this position, while I get my degree. Are there any detention deputies that could give me an idea of a day to day grind? The pluses and minuses, can you do a walk along? like a ride along but through the building to see what its like? Any information would be helpful thank you in advanced.
    USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
    Oorah!

I worked seven years in the HCSO jail before going to the street. I will tell you that being locked up for 8 to 12 hours a day with the scum of the earth gets old real fast. If you contact human resources and let them know you are interested in applying they can set you up a tour of the jail. You may change your mind about working there after that. I have seen many guys self sponsor through the academy and quit the first day on the job.

Comment

I was goiing to work for HCSO in the jail until I chatted with my neighbor who works in the Pasco Cty jail - and just from out chats he knows my passion is LE not Corrections so he said I would not be happy in the jail either. So 813 I would listen to Gator - I worked in the Jail in Pittsburgh and it is a whole new world. Put it this way - you are pretty much just keeping your foot on the lid of the garbage can keeping the scum and garbage in the can at the jail. The 8 to 12 hours you do spend in lockdown so to speek - does get old sometimes very fast -
      my .02
      All is 10-61 here you can show me 10-8!

Comment

Thanks guys!
        USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
        Oorah!

Comment

Just recently Pinellas county was sponsoring detention deputies, but I also didn't feel like I would truly enjoy it. So I decided to self sponsor for Law Enforcement. At least HCSO is sponsoring!

Comment

Yeah I was just going to do it for 3 years to get around the degree LOL. But I am pursueing the degree right now.
            USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
            Oorah!

Comment

From my understanding they are very short handed at the jails and will try to rush you through the hiring process if you apply.

Comment

Pinellas is on a hiring freeze - a bunch of the COs just went to HC because of cut backs in Pinellas - But HC is for sure hiring.

VITACURA - I am doing the same thing - I should be in the October class at HCC Academy if all goes right there.
                HCSO is not sponsoring for LE - just CO.

Comment

Posts: 4 From my understanding they are very short handed at the jails and will try to rush you through the hiring process if you apply.

I don't know about all that. I did the cival service application, completed the test with a high score and had the CJBAT done already. I was issued a pin at the recruiting office, completed the entire online application and its been over a month and I have not heard anything!!

On the other hand look at Manatee County for sponsorship. I turned in my application on a Monday and in just under TEN DAYS I had taken the phsyc, Poly, PAT, and already did review board meeting. I should be getting a conditional offer next week. I would rather work in Tampa for the lesser drive =(

If anyone form HCSO wants to give me any advice on possibly speeding up the process for tampa I am all ears. Thanks guys.

Comment

HCSO is sponsoring for LE.

For above poster, try calling them or emailing them.
                    sigpic

Comment

HCSO just had a selection last week for LE sponsored positions. Soooo you didnt make it there, should be another 3 months or so before the next one.
                      Last edited by Ten4; 08-18-2008, 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling
                      In GOD we trust, everyone else we run on Tele!!!!

Comment

I am going for corrections.

Comment

FLASOG - I wonder how I missed that for HCSO for LE I am on that site all the damn time - Well it is ok because if all goes well I should be in the Academy for October. I should here about that Sept 9

Comment

IF you get sponsored do you still need a degree? I am thinking that once you go through the academy that just certifies you. So I am assuming you still need a degree?
                            USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
                            Oorah!

Comment

813 - I will need 60 credits and well actually ill need 23 then I can go with HCSO - also if you go through the academy with HCC they have a fast track program for you to get your credits done fast since you were already a student in the academy - I have a few positions lined up already here in FL so I should hear officially about the academy in 2 weeks, I have heard unofficially what is going on with my app but I will wait to celebrate when I get my letter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6130 users online. 369 members and 5761 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X