300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accredit Universities?

Looking at attending University Of Phoenix to achieve my Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice. Wondered if anyone on here has done this particular route? This specific school? I am awaiting an answer from TPD to see if it is accredited. However if anyone knows a cheaper route lemme know. This place is super expensive!
    USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
    Oorah!

Best bet is to go to a State school. If you are a resident of the State the tuition is not bad from what I understand.

Comment

Definitely do your research. Get your Bachelors from a solid accredited University, such as UCF, UF, UM, FSU, FAU, UNF, etc....

Also, no offense to the University of Phoenix, but I don't know how credible they are.

Comment

I think the university of Phoenix is pretty credible, however extremely expensive. You are better off going to a state school, however there are a lot of cops that get masters degrees from places like St. Luke's (or whatever its called) and other online based universities.

Comment

tallahassee community college and st. pete jr. college are 2 schools to check out.

they both have the distance learning programs (so you never actually have to travel up to tally...) and will transfer credits from the academy into college credits. a bunch of people on my job have done this.

Comment

Thanks for the reply everyone. I actually spent a ton of money going to school to be an automotive technician. Done it for a couple of years, made good money but I want something different. I was told a lot of cops are getting their bachelors through university of phoenix. I dont have time or money to go to a university full time, I need online. Too many bills to try and do that! Thanks again guys.
            USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
            Oorah!

Comment

American Military University

Convenient, affordable, and regionally accredited like state schools.

Comment

Columbia College, thats what I meant. A lot of cops are getting their degrees online though Columbia College.

Comment

Originally posted by publicsafety View Post
                  Convenient, affordable, and regionally accredited like state schools.
                  Have you taken any classes through them? PM me if you have any further info on this please. I have a few questions.
                  Thanks

Comment

i think a lot of my agency goes to st. leo university as they have some programs that are 100% online. i went to fccj in jacksonville, sjrcc in orange park ($78 per credit hour), and embry riddle in daytona beach (over $950 or so per credit hour) for the rest of it. no way i could afford to do an entire education at a private or even state university, which is why i took as many classes as possible at community colleges.
                    Last edited by luckydog; 08-15-2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

YEah I talked to an advisor from Phoenix and its about 30k for that school. Not doing that, the local community college here in Tampa offers 75 percent of the classes online so I gotta get to work. LOL
                      USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
                      Oorah!

Comment

If you're looking for a quality, accreditated on-line program, Bellevue University is it. They have a 48 week CJ program that has 36 hours in it. Combine that with earned credits and you can get a bonified degree in a couple years. I can say first hand it's a better quality than U of Phoenix. Be careful with programs out there and make sure you thoroughly check out where-ever you decide to go.

Comment

The main issue is accreditation. Regional is what you want to go for. Also, stay away from a "for-profit" school. They are not respected and their credits generally don't transfer well.

Comment

Hey 813. I'm finishing up a BS in criminal justice, and I would tell you that there are many BA/BS programs out there that are better than Phoenix Online, and just as easy in their online format. Check out Granite State College out of New Hampshire, which is my college. www.granite.edu. They are 4 credit classes, 4 semesters a year, and with just 2 classes a semester you can finish in four years. Check it out.
                            "I never got in trouble for keeping my mouth shut." Robert Parker's Chief Stone

Comment

University of Phoenix IMO, is a joke. My wife did get her masters from there but spent a fortune. You are much better off going to a local university. MOST universities have mostly online classes available these days.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6524 users online. 367 members and 6157 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X