300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bso Motorcycle Patrol

Was wondering if you are assigned to one or is it voluntary.

Saw several last week on surface streets and on I-95 being caught up in the pop up thunderstorms.

I can't figure out who would ever want to ride one of the those things in jungle heat getting skin cancer,thunderstorms at any given time plus sharing the road with people paying no attention to their surroundings while talking on their cellphone.

They might be good for traffic but is it really worth having.

It's voluntary. I'm on motors in central fl. We do it for the same reason we all became cops. You know, low pay, protecting idiots from themselves, risk of personal injury, shorter lifespan, only we just don't get enough riding in a car. Besides, it's fun!

Comment

They might be good for traffic but is it really worth having.

Seriously though, yes they are worth having. Considering the first complaint from communities is traffic and the one issue we all deal with is traffic, and more people are killed in THI's than homicides, traffic enforcement should be a top priority. It's been shown repeatedly that with effective traffic enforcement (sensible, not just writing tickets for quotas sake) other issues are addressed as well...and motorcycles truly make enforcing traffic much easier.

Comment

Hey PB3021 you must be cop in Seminole County, I remember those days. I never wrote so many traffic tickets then when I worked in Seminole.

God I dont miss it. The best thing I did was leave Seminole and go to Orange. Just FYI I didnt work for the County and I still dont.

Comment

I'm w/the SO 9yrs...it's been good to me, OCSO was too long of a wait, I moved from MD. We do have fun, the Boss let's us go and do what we need to do, for the most part, always amazes me how mid level staffers think they know how to "interpret" the Man's marching orders. I've learn to side step most of that...

FHP? or from one city to another?

Comment

Not FHP I went from a city in Seminole to the big O. I will say Seminole was one of the first agencys to have the unmarked Mustangs back in 2005 those were sweet.

Comment

Yea we tricked them out a little bit too, very fast. Can't pass a gas pump though...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5595 users online. 313 members and 5282 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X