Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Dewey Beach Seasonal Police Officer

Hello!

I know there are a million other threads about Seasonal Police Officers in DE, but I noticed they were all from 2011 or earlier. I just applied to be a seasonal in Dewey Beach, and had a couple questions. What do seasonals actually do? I was watching a show about Dewey Beach and at one point a seasonal came across someone, and called for a full-timer to come handle the situation. Couldn't he at least start dealing with a problem? I was under the impression that seasonals could do most everything (within reason) that a full officer could (Patrol on foot/bike, stop people in violation, write citations/make arrests, arraign, etc). Is that accurate? I don't want to trick myself into applying for a glorified explorer position! Any information helps, especially if you have first hand experience. I am really excited to get to work, and would love a better idea of what to expect!

Also, if you are also applying to be a seasonal this year, PM me if you need a roommate! I am coming from out of state and the housing is pretty steep for one person!

Thanks for the help!

Kevin

The other threads may be older, but all the information is still accurate. TV is drama and highly edited, especially that show. Dewey seasonal officers are the police, not explorers. Mostly assigned to foot patrol, with supervisory/more experienced officers on bike patrol and paddy wagon duty. Most of the work is "quality of life" issues such as parking problems, noise/party complaints, drugs, open containers, public urination, underage drinking, bar brawls, and in general, dealing with the hordes of drunken morons. A couple full-time officers are there running traffic, providing back up, and sometimes take over serious/felony cases. However, most incidents, arrests, tickets, etc. are handled by seasonals. If you want to learn, have fun, and get a ton of experience quickly, Dewey and Ocean City are the places to do it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5791 users online. 347 members and 5444 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X