300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Tags

We have a lot of DE temp tags popping up in my area, can someone give me some ideas on security features or what a real tag is suppose to look like. PM if you prefer, Thanks for the help
    Both of you shut up...I can only listen to one person lie to me at a time!

Delaware Temps are of a thick, white, cardboard material and have a silver strip about a 1/2" thick stretching from the left side to the right. The heavy material allows for the tag to be installed in the same area as a normal registration plate.

The date of expiration is the largest legible writing on the tag and is always hand written, usually by a dealer, auction house, Department of Motor Vehicle, etc. There should be a plastic sheathing over the expiration date so that it cannot be altered. Temporary tag expiration dates range anywhere from one to four months from the time they were issued; DMV's issuing being shorter, a dealer's issuing being longer.

Much older Temporary tags start with XB, newer XC

Hoped this helped. It's odd that you're seeing so many Delaware temporary tags in your area
    13O2 Aug '10
    List: <1000

Comment

Also, there are few security measures. Most of the time, information relating the tag to an owner or vehicle is not even placed into the system until the temporarily tagged vehicle is given a normal registration plate
      13O2 Aug '10
      List: <1000

Comment

Just un update, DE Temp Tags have recently (early Jan I think) been redesigned, the paper tags are not as tick as they used to be and have heard of officers pulling drivers over thinking they are fake. its either a cost-saving measure or DE going green.

Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
        Also, there are few security measures. Most of the time, information relating the tag to an owner or vehicle is not even placed into the system until the temporarily tagged vehicle is given a normal registration plate

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepdog132 View Post
          We have a lot of DE temp tags popping up in my area, can someone give me some ideas on security features or what a real tag is suppose to look like. PM if you prefer, Thanks for the help
          Sheepdog I am glad you asked this question. Me and my co-workers were just talking about this. It seemed odd to us that out of nowhere everybody seemed to be buying their vehicles from DE.

Comment

I see them up here in NJ from time to time. Our biggest issue here was the fake PA temp tags the Illegals would drive around in on their hoopties. Nowadays, they have begun forging NJ temp tags, though they look like crap and you can tell them when looking at them up close.
            " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

We get em all the time. I had a bad batch that the illegals were selling, but shut that down quickly.
              Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Thanks for the information! I went and looked at some of the tags tonight. Now these may seem like silly questions and no brainers, but before I start snatching tags and towing cars I want to make sure these tags are fake. I have one that has the silver strip with real small "AAMVA" and another with the strip with large AAMVA. What watermark is suppose to be on the strip? Would it be possible for someone to send me a picture of a legitimate tag, want to see what kind of numbers and letters are used? Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks for the information! I went and looked at some of the tags tonight. Now these may seem like silly questions and no brainers, but before I start snatching tags and towing cars I want to make sure these tags are fake. I have one that has the silver strip with real small "AAMVA" and another with the strip with large AAMVA. What watermark is suppose to be on the strip? Would it be possible for someone to send me a picture of a legitimate tag, want to see what kind of numbers and letters are used? Thanks again!
                  It's nice to see you're thinking this through. That being said, I wouldn't base enforcement actions on something I was told on officer.com.

No offense to any officers who have posted replies to the thread. I'm sure none of you want to get summonsed if Sheepdog132 gets sued for towing the wrong car.

Maybe you could contact the Delaware DMV directly to get the kind of answers you can bring to court.

Comment

Not necessary baseing it on what gets posted or sent, and Delaware DMV response was I could take a trip out to Delaware and they would allow me to look at the tag. I am just trying to get a basis of knowledge to build upon based on what I am seeing. If I know what a real tag looks like, then I can compare that to a violators information on the scene. Problem is when you have no basis to compare a fake to a real then whatever the violator passes off you have to accept.

Comment

When you look at the fake PA tags vs the real tags, the AAMVA is visible on the foil strip and CANNOT be duplicated. The fakes only have the tin foil strip, with NO holographic image. When you look the new NJ temps, you will see certain images using a black light that are only visible on the real ones. The fakes will depict a water mark on the rear of them that says Vital Statistics Registrar or something like that. The real ones have the watermark with the NJMVC logo on them. I hope this helps for NJ and PA. The Delaware tags should be similiar to the PA tags, as they are made of similiar stock.
                      " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

The DE tags are indeed all over the place and most are fake. Been seeing some West Virginia and Arkansas (especially funny since most of the drivers have no idea where it is) fakes as well.

The new style DE temp tags look similar to the older ones with the exception of the fact that it's plastic and the halogram is now above the date area, not running through it.

If I see any temp tag on anything other than a brand new car, I consider it suspect until proven otherwise. I'll stop them for another violation and get a close up look. I've gotten many fakes/altered, unlicensed/suspended drivers, drugs, warrants, etc. this way.

If it isn't the "big" AAMVA halogram, it's fake. If the tag isn't one solid piece and you can separate the paper top from the cardboard it's pasted to, it's fake.

I've got some pictures and other info if you'd like to PM.

Comment

Not necessary baseing it on what gets posted or sent, and Delaware DMV response was I could take a trip out to Delaware and they would allow me to look at the tag. I am just trying to get a basis of knowledge to build upon based on what I am seeing. If I know what a real tag looks like, then I can compare that to a violators information on the scene. Problem is when you have no basis to compare a fake to a real then whatever the violator passes off you have to accept.
                          Don't contact DDMV Directly. They wont help you much, trust me. If you want to attempt to correct the issue, contact Captain Sherri L. Benson with the traffic section out of the Delaware State Police.
                          Semper Paratus/Always Ready
                          Originally posted by jakflak
                          The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
                          Originally posted by Michigan
                          I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

: )

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6318 users online. 335 members and 5983 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X