300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSP Recruiting

I was wondering if anyone knew how many they are looking to hire for the next class, or when the next class will start.

Know someone who has an interview date on 1/15 - passed written and physcial.

Thanks!
    USSS 1811 SA Process
    07/09 - Applied
    10/09 - Scheduled TEA
    11/09 - TEA Exam
    12/09 - Initial
    12/09 - COE
    03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
    Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
    01/10 - Applied

Since no one has answered you Ill shed as much light on it as I can (I am not a DSP trooper). DSP's 2 most recent classes have been mixed classes, i.e. trooper recruits and municipal recruits together in the same academy. For the last 2 classes they have had around 20-30 troopers each and based on DE's budget I would estimate this next class would probably be the same (but that's just a guess). If recent history is any indication, the next DSP academy will start fall 2010. There is currently a class in the academy now (mixed) slated to graduate in mid April.

Comment

From the rumor mill, I have heard a possible April class with DSP and most likely a definite fall class.

Comment

i heard may class (so april-may close enough). 15 trooper recruits. and yes i heard a fall class as well.

Comment

Does anybody have any info about what the DSP academy is like? I've looked online but haven't found much. And do the municipal guys in the mixed academy classes reside at the academy also??

Comment

Originally posted by TClip View Post
            Does anybody have any info about what the DSP academy is like? I've looked online but haven't found much. And do the municipal guys in the mixed academy classes reside at the academy also??
            Its para military. The DSP and municipal both reside at the academy.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Thanks for the info, Orlando.

Comment

its similar to boot camp only gayer

Comment

when is the deadline for application for the upoming tests? Also anone know about how many people have applied?

Comment

DSP continually accepts applications and continuously tests. As of this summer I had heard close to 2000 people applied for the class they currently have in the academy now. There are around 20-25 trooper recruits that were hired. If you are interested then apply now and get the ball rolling. There will be another class sometime soon. Some say this spring, others are hearing this fall-maybe both. DSP is a very competitive process with many qualified applicants as any who have applied can tell you. good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by anon2 View Post
                      its similar to boot camp only gayer
                      Please explain.
                      *Honor*Integrity*Courage*Loyalty*Attitude*Discipline*Service*

The mission of the Delaware State Police is to enhance to quality of life for all Delaware citizens and visitors by providing professional, competent and compassionate law enforcement services.

"...it's not just a job, it's a career."

Comment

deleted.........
                        Last edited by williamske; 01-21-2010, 06:50 AM.
                        USSS 1811 SA Process
                        07/09 - Applied
                        10/09 - Scheduled TEA
                        11/09 - TEA Exam
                        12/09 - Initial
                        12/09 - COE
                        03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
                        Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
                        01/10 - Applied

Comment

A "second interview" can mean a lot of things - a background interview, polygraph interview, psych interview, etc.

And how did he get banded already? Bands for the most recent testers are not supposed to be released until another 3 weeks or so.

Comment

I did my waiver training for DPCTC at Dover when I went to Wilmington with Amtrak. DSP generally runs 2 classes. 1 all DSP, the other being a mixed DSP-municpal class.
                            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

orlandofed5-0 I did my waiver training for DPCTC at Dover when I went to Wilmington with Amtrak. DSP generally runs 2 classes. 1 all DSP, the other being a mixed DSP-municpal class.

While this used to be the norm, budget cuts and classes being pushed back have not made this so as of late. DSP only ran a fall academy in 08/09 which was mixed. And as of this year has only run a fall academy (09/10) which is also mixed trooper/municipal. Some speculate that they will also run a spring 2010 academy, but I for one find that doubtful with the state of DE's budget, although DSP has had a lot of retirements recently so it is entirely possible. DSP's hiring has really slowed down these past 2 yrs due to budget constraints- heck the last class to graduate fall08/09) the state recruits even had to take a pay reduction while in the academy. But to make a long winded post short, yes orlandofed is entirely correct that this is how DSP normally runs their academy, I would assume these last 2 yrs will just be an exception along the way in the grand scheme of things. Good luck to your friend and anyone else in the process who reads this!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4610 users online. 281 members and 4329 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X