300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT State Police Tattoo Policy

I was told that they may be revisiting the new tattoo policy.... has anyone hear about this?

The policy will be revised, honestly its going to on a person to person basis

Comment

Thanks, I hope so... I retired from the Navy (22 years) I got a 98 on the test and was disqualified for a shark tattoo on my calf.... because bicycle officers wear shorts... gerrrr !

Comment

Well then, now you know they have standards.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Thanks CCCSD...
          Last edited by BRYNAVvet; 11-29-2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            Well then, now you know they have standards.
            Agreed, I love these applicants that expect departments to change standards for them.

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
              Agreed, I love these applicants that expect departments to change standards for them.
              Well beachcop05, just so you know, I don't "expect" departments to change their standards for me. I was only asking because I had some CT State Troopers tell me they heard that it was going to be changed.

I have spent 22 years in the Navy and have had my fair share of developing and writing policies and standards. So I understand how good policies are written and sometimes some policies are written that look good on paper but when implemented does not develop the intended results. This was a new policy that they just rolled out for the 2014-15 recruitment cycle.

So please understand that yes while I was upset that I was disqualified I understood that it was because of a choice that I made to get a tattoo on my calf. I also understand why they came out with the policy because in the group that I was in there were more then a couple people with tattoos on their necks and even on their head. But I don't think that it makes sense to tell me that I am disqualified for a tattoo on my calf because bicycle officers wear shorts. Because that is a special position and at 42 I have no desire to be a bicycle officer.

So again, do not think that I am on here complaining and expecting anything to change just for me. I was just asking a question.
              Last edited by BRYNAVvet; 02-04-2016, 09:25 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2605 users online. 124 members and 2481 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X