300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying with no college or military. Do I stand a chance

Hey guys I'm 26 and looking to switch careers to become a police officer. As the title states I have no college or past military experience. What I do have is a strong work history I went to a tech school for high school and upon graduation I started working right away as an electrician and I still presently am employed as a licensed electrician. I've been working as one for the past 8 years I'm just curious as to if I would even have a chance with out a degree. I know it also depends on a lot of other factors ( test scores, oral board, poly ect) but how important / not important is having a degree
    Thanks
    Brian

It depends on the department. Some require 60 credits, others require a bachelor's degree, some will allow you to substitute military or prior law enforcement experience for education requirements. Others require no more than a high school diploma. In terms of your chances, it's pretty universal, not just exclusive to law enforcement, that the more you have on your resume, the better.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Comment

If you do well on the written test and your work history is solid, I couldnt understand why a department wouldnt want you. I know that it has become really competitive lately. In the recent police hiring i participated in, many of the other candidates had advanced degrees and military experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4585 users online. 269 members and 4316 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X