300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is the CPCA good for?

How long is the CPCA good for? Can I apply to all department openings with it? Do I have a chance as an out of state guy with no state cert?

It's good for six months, you will also need to take the CHIP physical ability test in order to apply for PD's on policeapp, unless certain PD's hold their own written/physicals. Both tests are valid for six months.

Comment

6 months..the guy who runs it is awful so many grammatical errors and hardly anyone gets above an 80..If CPCA is going to be the requirement for all or most of the police departments in Ct. it will be the death of us...Everyone I know including myself thought they got a better score and did not..I have gotten 80s and above on most of my tests and can't score above 68 on that and took it 3 times but never again plus its 95 bucks every time you take it and there are not that many departments who use it..And Ps passing is 70% but most departments only take 80% and up on that test for whatever reason so good luck with that

Comment

What kind of test is it? Maybe it's not worth it. Do they give military, state police academy, residency, or veteran points?

Comment

Pretty sure they give vet points when you sign up for it, you just need to indicate that you are claiming vet points. It's 100 multiple choice questions and a short written essay. A max of three hours is allowed for completion of the test...It's also something you need to study for, imo.

Comment

Scores from the Dec 13th CPCA are up on the policeapp.com website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4288 users online. 207 members and 4081 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X