300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014-15 CT D.O.C. Process

Hello everyone. As a lot of you may know the state will begin accepting applications for corrections officer this coming Tuesday. Good luck to all of you. I have been pursuing a law enforcement career in police for about 3 years now. No luck mostly because the run has been a very difficult obstacle for me to conquer. My ultimate goal is to become a policeman, but the process has been very discouraging lately. I need something to get me out of this ridiculous papermill and into the beginning of my law enforcement career.

Corrections is only a 300m run I heard. I will be taking the test also. Gl all!

Comment

Originally posted by drewskii View Post
      Corrections is only a 300m run I heard. I will be taking the test also. Gl all!
      Yes it is! 62 seconds you have I believe. We will find out tomorrow when they release the guidelines packet!!

Comment

I thought they scrapped the physical because of a lawsuit?

Comment

Originally posted by NextGenOfc View Post
          I thought they scrapped the physical because of a lawsuit?
          I'm not sure about that. We will find out tomorrow when they open the apps again. That would be very dissapointing to me if they do scrap it. Corrections is bad enough as it is right now! I can't even imagine what kind of people would be getting a chance if they cancelled the agility!

Comment

Can Ct Corrections Officers carry concealed per HR 218?

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
              Can Ct Corrections Officers carry concealed per HR 218?
              Negative. C/O's are not classified in CT as peace officers, so they have the same rights as civilians do. You need a CT permit to carry pistols and revolvers. Whether you choose to conceal or not in public is your decision. CT C/O's can now finally carry OC Spray and have revamped their defensive tactics training which is a big plus.

Also Nextgen, you are correct!!! No more physical agility this time around!! It's a little disappointing that they have lower their standards imo, but they have to hire a lot of new recruits right now.

Steps are as follows:

1. Written
              2. Oral
              3. Backround
              4. Medical Eval.

Comment

Originally posted by Dcfreak View Post
                Negative. C/O's are not classified in CT as peace officers, so they have the same rights as civilians do. You need a CT permit to carry pistols and revolvers. Whether you choose to conceal or not in public is your decision. CT C/O's can now finally carry OC Spray and have revamped their defensive tactics training which is a big plus.

Also Nextgen, you are correct!!! No more physical agility this time around!! It's a little disappointing that they have lower their standards imo, but they have to hire a lot of new recruits right now.

Steps are as follows:

1. Written
                2. Oral
                3. Backround
                4. Medical Eval.
                Thanks for the info, would you recommend working for them? Is it a good department? Is it hard for them to get a carry permit? Im just looking at this as a stepping stone.

Comment

That is very disappointing there is no agility!

Do you guys know how many recruits for the academy and any dates?

Comment

Thanks for the info, would you recommend working for them? Is it a good department? Is it hard for them to get a carry permit? Im just looking at this as a stepping stone.
                    My father has 20 years in right now and he has been treated pretty well. His only real big problem was when they shut his facility down about 3 years ago. He was forced to work at the women's facility YORK in Niantic, CT for a few months facing the draft almost every day with 17 years in which is very aggravating. After that he was forced to transfer Willard/Cybulski about an 1 1/2 hours away from our home for about 2 years until his transfer finally came through to go to the facility that was about 25 minutes from our home.

The screwed up part was that they said he was going to receive his initial transfer about 6 months after his facility was shut down. He got jerked around instead for about 3 years with no contact or answers from administration.

Like I said NYPDAUX the corrections officers aren't certified peace officers. They receive no special treatment in obtaining a pistol permit. The whole process costs about $300 and can take about 6 months. If I am understanding you correctly.
                    Last edited by Dcfreak; 07-22-2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CO1BL View Post
                      That is very disappointing there is no agility!

Do you guys know how many recruits for the academy and any dates?
                      I heard they are planning to start rolling in new recruits to the academy starting in October. They need to hire about 1000 new officers very quickly. That's why they canned the agility and the psych eval I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dcfreak View Post
                        My father has 20 years in right now and he has been treated pretty well. His only real big problem was when they shut his facility down about 3 years ago. He was forced to work at the women's facility YORK in Niantic, CT for a few months facing the draft almost every day with 17 years in which is very aggravating. After that he was forced to transfer Willard/Cybulski about an 1 1/2 away from our home for about 2 years until his transfer finally came through to go to the facility that was about 25 minutes from our home.

The screwed up part was that they said he was going to receive his initial transfer about 6 months after his facility was shut down. He got jerked around instead for about 3 years with no contact or answers from administration.

Like I said NYPDAUX the corrections officers aren't certified peace officers. They receive no special treatment in obtaining a pistol permit. The whole process costs about $300 and can take about 6 months. If I am understanding you correctly.
                        Thanks for the info again, I understand, thats similar how it is to get any kind of pistol permit here in the city. When I was in CT I saw they had a firearms training facility at the corrections academy but im guessing thats only for on duty use from the info you told me.

Comment

what a joke?...I cannot believe they scrapped the agility....now every yahoo has a chance with no physical requirments

Comment

https://www.biznet.ct.gov/LawExam/Ex...xamTypeIndex=0

Comment

Thanks for the info again, I understand, thats similar how it is to get any kind of pistol permit here in the city. When I was in CT I saw they had a firearms training facility at the corrections academy but im guessing thats only for on duty use from the info you told me.
                              You can get a handgun/rifle certification I believe....... That has no effect on your permit though from what I understand. CT corrections has K-9, C.E.R.T. (Correctional Emergency Response Team), and S.O.G. (Special Operations Group). SOG is the only division that can carry live rounds I believe. All other divisions are less lethal. Sides if CERT isn't enough to neutralize a situation with riot shields and tear gas than I'm sure state police will be arriving with SOG anyways. We are talking max level security facilities here though and there are only a few of them in CT.

The C/O's do have some strings to pull when it comes to the AR-15 platform rifles though. As long as you can prove it's purpose is related to your duty you may be still be able to obtain them in 5.56mm.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3850 users online. 211 members and 3639 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X