Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Cop has bad experience with CT State Trooper

Disregard my previous post please.
    Last edited by wonnab; 05-03-2011, 01:39 PM.
    Law Enforcement is a calling not a Job!!!!

This whole post is soooo inappropriate for a public board. Which makes me wonder....are you like this at work and at home?

And heres the answer...

Quote Originally Posted by wonnab View Post http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...t=#post2157220

I just need to get a few things off my chest.......

I grew up in Norwalk. I grew up in three of the roughest neighborhoods in town. Roodnercourt, Carlton Court and Bouton St. As a kid and a teenager I saw alot. I mean I saw a whloe lot. Alot of crime. I saw drugs, guns, heard gunshots, lost alot of friends by violence. You name it I saw it. I was in the heart of it all. But I managed as a kid to not get involved in any of it. Was it hard, of course. I was the odd ball. I was the one that played basketball and stayed out of trouble. My father was never around. My mother choose a harsh lifestyle to supprt us. She then lost us (my brother and I) because of her lifestyle (which eventually took her life). Statistics and life say I should have been another black kid with a prison record or dead. Sometimes I look back and wonder how did I do it???? How did I not get involve???

You know I hear alot of excuses from people of my color say they had no choice. This is what they had to do. That is wrong and wh oelse better to say that than me.

As a kid I remember the police coming to the projects showing us there police cars and letting us sit in them and play with the lights. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was no older than 10. That day I just knew that I wanted to be a police officer. Where i'm from, the police are your enemies. They are there to arrest you and take you from your family.

I saw something different. I saw brave men, I saw men of authority. I saw men that wanted to make a difference in the community. I saw my life, my career. I knew that one day I was going to be a police officer and help people.

I currently am in the process of going threw the background process with Norwalk Police Department. This may sound corney to some but this is a dream for me. I actually can't believe that I actually made it this far. I go for finger printing and pictures next week.

I have been trying for almost a decade. I know thats a long time. But I persevered. I took that physical test soo many times. ATo the point that I was sick of it.

I want every one to pray for me that everything works out. My background is pretty good but you never know, things could happen.

I solicit your prayers

Thanks guys
    Just want to update this thread. I heard the good news from the chief this week and I have the job guys. Will not be officially sworn in until the end of the month. AWESOME!!!!

Physical Test - May31, 2008 - Passed
    Written Test - June 28th - Passed
    Oral Interview - September 11, 2008 - Passed
    Conditional Offer - February 16, 2009
    Polygraph - Passed
    Fingerprints and Photo- Done
    Background Investigation -March 09 - Nov 09
    Phsyc-December 2009
    Medical - December 2009
    Re-Take Poly - December 2009
    Job Offer (conditional) December 2009
    Chiefs Interview/Job Offer - Jan 6 2009

Last edited by Buffaloboy; 05-02-2011, 11:13 PM.
    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

disregard this post!!!
      Last edited by wonnab; 05-03-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wonnab View Post
        So I was on the highway on my way to work in a nearby town. A state trooper pulls behind me but I never saw him. All of a sudden I get a huge flash of light in my rear view. My first reaction was WTF. It wasn't takedown lights or the over heads. He hit me with the side light. I almost crashed into the side wall because it scared the hell out of me. Mind you I was in the slow lane doing about 60-65 and my car has dark tints so maybe that attracted his attention. He then proceeds to move on and he gets in the fast lane and pulls away. I then get in the middle lane and pick up speed to pass a car that was in front of me in the slow lane. Oh boy did he get ****ed and lights me up when he wasn't even behind me at this point. He almost hit me and literally ran me off the road. I roll down all my windows and turn on the inside light because my tints are dark. Trying to make his life easier even though he's acting like a jerk. He gets out of his car with the passenger side approach and I immediately hand him my badge with my ID. I even tell him I am a cop when I hand him my credentials. He never looks at but starts to yell and swear at me. I stop him and say wait I told you I was a brother officer and the way you are speaking to me is very disrespectful. I said we both do the same job and wear the same badge. He says I did not know you were a cop. I said you have my badge and ID in your hand and I told you I was a officer the minute you walked to my window. I said I would never treat a fellow officer the way you are treating me. He then starts to lie and tell me I was weaving in and out of my lane like I was drunk. I guess he was looking for an excuse as to why he pulled me over because at this point he did not have one. So I tell him I don't drink period. So he says I was speeding. I said in the slow lane with another car in front of me??? I eventually after 5-10 minutes of getting talked down to like as if I was a kid pull away.

I don't understand what's the deal with troopers. When I was in the academy they had a class in there and they constantly talked about how much better they are than city cops. I guess the kid was a rookie.

I Just know after that experience I will never treat a fellow cop that way because he looked real bad. What sucks is that we are constantly getting distressed calls from the troop of a trooper in need of our help on the highway because they are in a fight. I almost crashed one day trying to get there and assist a trooper in need and I get treated like a kid when one pulls me over. SMH!!!!
        Your description of the events is rather melodramatic, I am sure the Trooper has his side as well.
        Kinda sounds like you have lumped all Troopers together and have an issue with them.

I NEVER bitched a Cop to his boss! Still won't even though I am retired now. It is part of the "Brotherhood " you speak of.
        "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Didn't this post just get locked?

Or I am having a Groundhog Day
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

His other one did, for some reason he made two posts about this
            "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
              Albert Einstein
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Well apparently since he is deleting his posts and the other one is gone, he must not appreciate the warm and fuzzy welcome he got...
                It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
                Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

So I had to go to Vermont because my mom was in the hospital. I was on my way back to Bradley airport in Connecticut and hauling balls. A Ct trooper pulled me over. I stopped, turned on the dome light and kept my hands on the wheel. He approached and told me I was speeding. I apologized and ID'd myself as a county mounty from Cali. He gave me the whole "you're not in Cali anymore". We traded patches and he thanked me for not being arrogant like that boot from Norwalk he stopped the other day. I had plenty of time for my flight so we got coffee and BS'd for a while.

Man those Ct troopers are a great bunch of guys.
                  God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

it happens bro, theres some guys who have a bad attitude in general whether dealing with brother officers or regular people.....troopers or city cops alike....i saw you getting ripped on this post and I had to stand up for you wonnab, ive had it all ways...been stopped by guys who are ******, stopped by guys who are nice....ive stopped on the job ****** and ive stopped nice guys on the job too! Just depends when you catch someone, could be a bad day or whatever, it is what it is......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3718 users online. 204 members and 3514 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X