300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwalk PD

Hey guys/gals just putting it out there. Norwalk PD is starting a new hiring process (entry level and certified).

Thanks for the post. Any idea how many they are looking to hire (entry)?

Comment

Heard between 10 to 14

Comment

I wonder what their expected time frame is for this most recently tested applicant pool.

Comment

My understanding is that they're looking for about 12 immediately, but that they will be making their way through the list over the next two years as more and more openings come about.

Bear in mind, they're probably going to be EXTREMELY picky with backgrounds. Things that most of the time departments wouldn't even blink at are probably going to be disqualifiers for this process. So unless you have a perfect background, I wouldn't bank on this one.
          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
          -Chris Rock

Comment

What makes you think that will be the case? Fingers crossed, my background isn't perfect, but whose is??

Comment

Anyone receive their oral results yet?

Comment

Not yet. What academy (October?) are they hiring for?

Comment

I don't have any info, but October would be great. There is also a January academy if October is too aggressive a timeline.

Comment

I was told that 54 orals were scheduled. If they are hiring between 8-12 positions...thats not a bad ratio.

Comment

Received an update today.

Comment

You don't need a perfect background. You just need a honest background, with some life experience and if you had made errors in the past, at least shown that you learned and grew from the incident.

Were currently doing backgrounds on some lateral transfers, though I know they are starting on entry level as well.

Comment

Irishhammer...any idea how many entry level positions they are looking to fill?

Comment

Any new updates for this recruitment process?

Comment

Nothing here yet...unfortunately.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4724 users online. 263 members and 4461 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X