300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilton PD

Anybody taking the Wilton exam? Seems like there isn't much talk about the test.
    Law Enforcement is a calling not a Job!!!!

does wilton still have a 27 year plan?
    sigpic

Comment

The Wilton Police is a big scam.
      Hundreds and Hundreds of people took the test Saturday.
      They had 3 tests on Saturday and so many people took the test.
      But here's the catch. Their only hiring 2 police officers for everyone that took the test.
      Yes, count em. 2 police officers.
      3 different people told me this while I was waiting online.
      I thought they were kidding me.
      Then i asked 2 cops who were there if this was true?
      They told me this is true.
      Basically the Wilton police wants the 35 dollars for the test, then the 75 dollars for the Chip test. Here's another catch. I had lots of people tell me after 6 months the Chip test is no good and you have to take it again. Meaning you have to pay 75 dollars.
      The Wilton police are scam artists who take 110 dollars knowing that 99.9999 have no chance of getting this job.
      I'll tell you one thing, i aint paying them a cent for the chip test.
      I told the police there, they should atleast be honest and tell people there only hiring 2 police officers.
      You have a better chance of winning the lotto then becoming a Wilton police officer.
      Last edited by Kelso99; 10-24-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelso99 View Post
        But here's the catch. Their only hiring 2 police officers for everyone that took the test.
        Basically the Wilton police wants the 35 dollars for the test, then the 75 dollars for the Chip test. Here's another catch. I had lots of people tell me after 6 months the Chip test is no good and you have to take it again. Meaning you have to pay 75 dollars.
        The Wilton police are scam artists who take 110 dollars knowing that 99.9999 have no chance of getting this job.
        I told the police there, they should atleast be honest and tell people there only hiring 2 police officers.
        You have a better chance of winning the lotto then becoming a Wilton police officer.

Well Im not sure if you new to the PD app process here in CT but the CHIP card being valid for only 180 days has been around since the chip card started being used by PD depts about 10 years ago. As far as there being only 2 slots open sounds about right. When looking at these towns and cities you have to look at their size and budgets. Wilton is small and has a small PD dept. The only places you are going to see 10 or 20 openings are the major urban cities. So before you pay to take the test, call the recruiter or HR and find out how many they are hiring. Paying for the app is something new within the last 3 years because towns and cities have no money. I’ve seen app fees for some towns as high as $80. Plus right now its all about who you know not what you know. Im sure those 2 spots are already spoken for but they have to go through the test process to make it “fair”.
        Last edited by Gixxxxer750; 10-24-2009, 11:55 PM.
        GOD made cops because firemen need heros too..

Comment

Application fees should be abolished in this state. They really are a scam. "Oh, you don't know what you're talking about. The fee pays for the expense of processing the application..." Really? It takes $50 for an HR employee to look at the resume, then send out a letter saying, "Dear Sir/Madam, you are scheduled to take the police entry exam on such and such date"? I can understand paying CHIP as it is a private operation that departments sign a contract to be part of, but paying ANYONE to apply for a job is just corrupt. This isn't a knock at the PDs, this is the knock at CT. It goes beyond the police processes. My dad is a doctor and he practices in MA because his annual practice license there is $65...here in CT it's $450!
          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
          -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxxxer750 View Post
            Plus right now its all about who you know not what you know. Im sure those 2 spots are already spoken for but they have to go through the test process to make it “fair”.
            So true, so true...lol

Comment

What's crazy is that I called before I took the test and they said they had no clue how many positions where available. I think they said that just to make sure people signed up and they got the app fee's.
              Law Enforcement is a calling not a Job!!!!

Comment

Get over it...if you want the job then you are going to have to pay the application fees. That's how it is with every department that tests and everyone else standing in front of you in line had to pay that same fee. Wilton is small, therefore, not as much turnover, which means less openings each testing period. You want better odds go to a bigger department, but you will see heavy competition in those places too. Good luck, and I sincerely mean that, not a sarcastic good luck.

Comment

Well the emails went out notifying applicants if they passed the written or not for Wilton. But no individual scores. And I'm betting a lot of people were waiting to see what score they got before filling out the 35-page PHS. This will separate the people who really want the job.

Did any of you who applied to Wilton also apply to Westport? If so, do you know where they are in the process? Never heard back anything yet after the oral test.

Comment

Lol... Are people really complaining about this? If you want the job, you put forth the time, money and effort into getting it. Its a competive slot, and for good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelso99 View Post

If you don't like the way it works then don't apply man, getting this job is hard work, and its expensive, that's just the way it is. I don't even remember how much money I spent on application fees when I lived in CT. When I applied to my current dept it cost me airfare to fly to Arizona and hotel fees, over $1000 invested just to apply, but in the end it paid off and Ive gotten far more out of it. Now that Ive been applying in CT again I'm doing it all over again, Ive spent almost $1000 so far just in airfare over the past year applying to one department. I don't complain because I know in the end if I get the job, it will be worth it, if its not worth it to you then you may want to reconsider your choice to apply.

I understand the process is very long and frustrating, it took me a year to get hired, and that's actually fairly quick. But if you really want it, you just do it, the hiring process is the first test, if you cant handle going through that, then you'd have a very tough time as an Officer.

Comment

By the way, I tested for Wilton last time they tested back in April of 2007 and made it down to the final two considered before I was passed over for the other guy (Yes the newspaper even reported he was a friend of the chief's son, so I probably didn't have much of a chance anyway.). But I did a ride along with them and got to know a few guys there and found they are a pretty squared away dept with a lot of really good guys. Their call load is pretty low and they do a lot of traffic enforcement along Route 7 (With Rt.7 being the major road between Norwalk and Danbury Id assume you can probably get a lot of warrants and dope out of those stops.). I really would have liked to get a job there, the only part that I didn't like was that they didn't seem to have dedicated dispatchers when I rode with them, and there was an officer dispatching, I wouldn't want to get stuck on that detail, though that may have just been that day.

If the $60 application fee wont break the bank, Id say go take the test, its a great department with some good people, and at the very least you get a little more experience taking the test.

Comment

The application fees are the reason I've stopped applying in CT. Not because they're too expensive, it's been much more expensive to pay for gas and/or airfare and hotels, but for me its the principal. All of the cities and counties to which I applied outside of CT did not charge a dime. It's not the PDs in CT that are the problem, it's the towns, because in many cases, as I stated before, it's not just police jobs, they charge to apply for almost everything...and come on, don't we already pay very high taxes for this? Why do we have to pay for something we've already paid for?
                          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                          -Chris Rock

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, nut my interpertation is of the test and CHIP card, is both scores can be used for applying to any department in CT.

If that's correct, it's worth the money hands down.

Why you coming back Big Red? Can't you wait until winters over?
                            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

But I agree as well with everyone else, if it is your dream and goal to work at this Dept. then it is worth the money regardless.
                              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4529 users online. 306 members and 4223 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X